Aye Write: Bill Oddie, Unplucked, 22nd April, 2015
Bill Oddie: Unplucked
22nd Apr 2015 • 6:00PM – 7:00PM
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
The face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain (and former Goodie) comes to Aye Write to discuss his recent work
Bill Oddie has been the voice and face of birding broadcasting for more than three decades. Those of a certain age will fondly remember Bill as the shortest and hairiest of the trio of The Goodies, a popular and long-running comedy series that followed hot on the heels of Monty Python.
After those heady days, Bill reinvented himself as the face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain. He fronted television and radio programmes and wrote widely in the press on subjects close to his heart. We are pleased to welcome Bill to Glasgow with this latest collection of his writings.
Bill will be in discussion with Seona Reid.
Raised in Quinton, Birmingham, William Edgar “Bill” Oddie is a writer, composer, musician, comedian, artist, ornithologist, conservationist and television presenter. He became famous as one of The Goodies. A birdwatcher since childhood he has now established a reputation as an ornithologist, conservationist, and television presenter on wildlife issues. Some of his books are illustrated with his own paintings and drawings. His wildlife programmes for the BBC include: Springwatch/Autumnwatch, How to Watch Wildlife, Wild In Your Garden, Birding with Bill Oddie, Britain Goes Wild with Bill Oddie and Bill Oddie Goes Wild.
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change