Aye Write: Bill Oddie, Unplucked, 22nd April, 2015
Bill Oddie: Unplucked
22nd Apr 2015 • 6:00PM – 7:00PM
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
The face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain (and former Goodie) comes to Aye Write to discuss his recent work
Bill Oddie has been the voice and face of birding broadcasting for more than three decades. Those of a certain age will fondly remember Bill as the shortest and hairiest of the trio of The Goodies, a popular and long-running comedy series that followed hot on the heels of Monty Python.
After those heady days, Bill reinvented himself as the face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain. He fronted television and radio programmes and wrote widely in the press on subjects close to his heart. We are pleased to welcome Bill to Glasgow with this latest collection of his writings.
Bill will be in discussion with Seona Reid.
Raised in Quinton, Birmingham, William Edgar “Bill” Oddie is a writer, composer, musician, comedian, artist, ornithologist, conservationist and television presenter. He became famous as one of The Goodies. A birdwatcher since childhood he has now established a reputation as an ornithologist, conservationist, and television presenter on wildlife issues. Some of his books are illustrated with his own paintings and drawings. His wildlife programmes for the BBC include: Springwatch/Autumnwatch, How to Watch Wildlife, Wild In Your Garden, Birding with Bill Oddie, Britain Goes Wild with Bill Oddie and Bill Oddie Goes Wild.
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom