Aye Write 2014, A Celebration of Mariscat Press, 11 April, Mitchell Library 6 p.m.
A Celebration of Mariscat Press
11 Apr 2014 • 6:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Join Hamish Whyte to celebrate his Mariscat Press – a landmark in the publishing of Scottish poetry.
Hamish Whyte’s Mariscat Press has been a landmark in the Scottish poetry landscape, publishing work by writers as diverse as Edwin Morgan and Janice Galloway. He is joined by Anna Crowe, author of Finding My Grandparents In The Peloponnese, Jane McKie, Diana Hendry, author of Late Love and Other Whodunnits Douglas Dunn. Plymouth born, St Andrew’s based Anna Crowe saw the publication of her pamphlet Finding my Grandparents in the Peloponnese, and her translation of the Arc Publications anthology Six Catalan Poets published in 2013.
Jane McKie, originally from West Sussex, now Linlithgow, has written two collections of poetry: Morocco Rococo and When the Sun Turns Green.Her pamphlet Garden of Bedsteads was published by Mariscat Press in 2011.
Diana Hendry is a poet, short story writer and the author of many children’s books. She’s worked as a journalist, English teacher and a tutor at the University of Bristol, University of the West of England, and the Open University and she writes the occasional book review for The Spectator.
Douglas Dunn is a major Scottish poet, editor and critic, whose Elegies, a moving account of his first wife’s death, became a critical and popular success. Author of over ten collections of poetry, he has also edited several anthologies, including The Faber Book of Twentieth-Century Scottish Poetry. He was awarded the Queen’s Medal for Poetry in 2013.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations
- Ann McLaren at Balloch Open Mic 1 November, 2021
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson