Aye Write 2014, A Celebration of Mariscat Press, 11 April, Mitchell Library 6 p.m.
A Celebration of Mariscat Press
11 Apr 2014 • 6:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Join Hamish Whyte to celebrate his Mariscat Press – a landmark in the publishing of Scottish poetry.
Hamish Whyte’s Mariscat Press has been a landmark in the Scottish poetry landscape, publishing work by writers as diverse as Edwin Morgan and Janice Galloway. He is joined by Anna Crowe, author of Finding My Grandparents In The Peloponnese, Jane McKie, Diana Hendry, author of Late Love and Other Whodunnits Douglas Dunn. Plymouth born, St Andrew’s based Anna Crowe saw the publication of her pamphlet Finding my Grandparents in the Peloponnese, and her translation of the Arc Publications anthology Six Catalan Poets published in 2013.
Jane McKie, originally from West Sussex, now Linlithgow, has written two collections of poetry: Morocco Rococo and When the Sun Turns Green.Her pamphlet Garden of Bedsteads was published by Mariscat Press in 2011.
Diana Hendry is a poet, short story writer and the author of many children’s books. She’s worked as a journalist, English teacher and a tutor at the University of Bristol, University of the West of England, and the Open University and she writes the occasional book review for The Spectator.
Douglas Dunn is a major Scottish poet, editor and critic, whose Elegies, a moving account of his first wife’s death, became a critical and popular success. Author of over ten collections of poetry, he has also edited several anthologies, including The Faber Book of Twentieth-Century Scottish Poetry. He was awarded the Queen’s Medal for Poetry in 2013.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Val McDermid – Portrait of a Criminal
- Get Adventurous with Lily Dyu & Helen Skelton
- Stuart Cosgrove ‘The Soul of Muhammad Ali’
- Edinburgh Book Festival The New York Times Book Review Live
- Edinburgh Book Festival Books for Sale
- Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
- James Robertson – Live Author Event
- Creative Writing with Marjorie Lofti Gill
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club