Aye Write 2014, A Celebration of Mariscat Press, 11 April, Mitchell Library 6 p.m.
A Celebration of Mariscat Press
11 Apr 2014 • 6:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Join Hamish Whyte to celebrate his Mariscat Press – a landmark in the publishing of Scottish poetry.
Hamish Whyte’s Mariscat Press has been a landmark in the Scottish poetry landscape, publishing work by writers as diverse as Edwin Morgan and Janice Galloway. He is joined by Anna Crowe, author of Finding My Grandparents In The Peloponnese, Jane McKie, Diana Hendry, author of Late Love and Other Whodunnits Douglas Dunn. Plymouth born, St Andrew’s based Anna Crowe saw the publication of her pamphlet Finding my Grandparents in the Peloponnese, and her translation of the Arc Publications anthology Six Catalan Poets published in 2013.
Jane McKie, originally from West Sussex, now Linlithgow, has written two collections of poetry: Morocco Rococo and When the Sun Turns Green.Her pamphlet Garden of Bedsteads was published by Mariscat Press in 2011.
Diana Hendry is a poet, short story writer and the author of many children’s books. She’s worked as a journalist, English teacher and a tutor at the University of Bristol, University of the West of England, and the Open University and she writes the occasional book review for The Spectator.
Douglas Dunn is a major Scottish poet, editor and critic, whose Elegies, a moving account of his first wife’s death, became a critical and popular success. Author of over ten collections of poetry, he has also edited several anthologies, including The Faber Book of Twentieth-Century Scottish Poetry. He was awarded the Queen’s Medal for Poetry in 2013.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire