Aye Write 2014, A Celebration of Mariscat Press, 11 April, Mitchell Library 6 p.m.
A Celebration of Mariscat Press
11 Apr 2014 • 6:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Join Hamish Whyte to celebrate his Mariscat Press – a landmark in the publishing of Scottish poetry.
Hamish Whyte’s Mariscat Press has been a landmark in the Scottish poetry landscape, publishing work by writers as diverse as Edwin Morgan and Janice Galloway. He is joined by Anna Crowe, author of Finding My Grandparents In The Peloponnese, Jane McKie, Diana Hendry, author of Late Love and Other Whodunnits Douglas Dunn. Plymouth born, St Andrew’s based Anna Crowe saw the publication of her pamphlet Finding my Grandparents in the Peloponnese, and her translation of the Arc Publications anthology Six Catalan Poets published in 2013.
Jane McKie, originally from West Sussex, now Linlithgow, has written two collections of poetry: Morocco Rococo and When the Sun Turns Green.Her pamphlet Garden of Bedsteads was published by Mariscat Press in 2011.
Diana Hendry is a poet, short story writer and the author of many children’s books. She’s worked as a journalist, English teacher and a tutor at the University of Bristol, University of the West of England, and the Open University and she writes the occasional book review for The Spectator.
Douglas Dunn is a major Scottish poet, editor and critic, whose Elegies, a moving account of his first wife’s death, became a critical and popular success. Author of over ten collections of poetry, he has also edited several anthologies, including The Faber Book of Twentieth-Century Scottish Poetry. He was awarded the Queen’s Medal for Poetry in 2013.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations