Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Free opportunities to writers in later life that are available through the Autumn Voices Project which aims to promote and discuss creativity in later life.A poetry competition for writers over 70. 1st prize £250. Entry free.Judged by poet, A.C. Clarke.>
- 1st prize £250,
- 2nd prize £100,
- 3rd prize £50
Closing date: midnight on 30th July 2018. This competition is part of the Autumn Voices Project funded by Creative Scotland.There is no entry fee. For more information visit the website
RULES OF ENTRY
- Please do not submit more than one entry. No poem should exceed 50 lines in length (excluding the title). Please indicate the number of lines at the end of the poem.
- Work submitted must be in English and must be your own work (no translations of others’ work and no ‘erasures’ of another’s text).
- No work submitted should have been previously published/broadcast/e-published or posted online in any form.
- Entries must be typewritten on A4 paper, using at least 12pt font. Double or single spacing is acceptable. No name or other mark which could identify the author should appear on the page. Entries should be accompanied by a separate cover sheet (no staples etc. please) setting out your name, age, address, email address, and title of your entry
- If sending your entry by email, please send as a Word, rtf or pdf document.
- Entries will not be returned so please keep a copy of your entry.
- No alterations can be made to an entry once submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final. The judge cannot enter into any correspondence regarding entries.
- Closing date for the competition is midnight on 30th July 2018
- Entry to this competition is free.
- Failure to comply with the above rules will result in automatic disqualification.
- Successful entrants will be notified by 30th September 2018. The names of the winners, the short list and the long list will be posted on the Autumn Voices blog (www.autumnvoices.co.uk). Provided permission is granted, the prize-winning and short-listed poems will be posted on this blog, along with the judge’s report.
HOW TO ENTER
Email your entry: With a separate cover sheet, as a Word, pdf or rtf document (see rules 4 & 5) to: <email@example.com
To arrive by midnight on 30th June 2018. Use the Subject heading: AUTUMN VOICES POETRY COMPETITION.Email submission of entries is preferred.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change