Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow
Wednesday 9 May, 2018 – 4 p.m.Free & Open to the Public
Ann-Marie MacDonald is an author, playwright, and actor. (Photo by Guntar Kravis)
She is best known for her novels, Adult Onset, Fall On Your Knees, and The Way the Crow Flies, as well as her plays, Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) and Belle Moral: A Natural History.
Her work as an actor on stage and screen has earned her a Gemini Award and a Genie Nomination. Ms MacDonald’s writing has been honoured with numerous awards including the Chalmers, the Dora Mavor Moore, the Governor General’s, and the Commonwealth Prize.
She hosted CBC Television’s Life and Times for seven seasons and Doc Zone for eight seasons.
Ann-Marie was the inaugural Mordecai Richler Reading Room Writer in Residence at Concordia University, and she continues to coach students in the Acting and Playwriting Programs at the National Theatre School. She lives in Toronto and Montreal with her family.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow