Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
Monday 18 March, 2019
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
In 2003 Andrew O’Hagan was nominated by Granta magazine as one of 20 ‘Best of Young British Novelists’. In 2004 he edited The Weekenders: Adventures in Calcutta, a collection of various writers’ accounts of Kolkata, and in 2008, a book of Robert Burns’ poetry, A Night Out with Robert Burns. His recent novels are The Life and Opinions of Maf the Dog, and of His Friend Marilyn Monroe (2010), the ‘memoir’ of the Maltese Terrier given for Christmas 1960 by Frank Sinatra to Marilyn Monroe, and The Illuminations (2015), which intertwines the stories of an elderly woman losing her memories in Ayrshire with the plight of her grandson, a soldier struggling to forget his experiences fighting in Afghanistan. The Illuminations was longlisted for the 2015 Man Booker Prize.
Andrew O’Hagan is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist and essayist Andrew O’Hagan comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday