Book Launch: Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 3 March, 2016
Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye – Thursday 3 March, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
Waterstones Argyle St, 174-176 Argyle Street, GlasgowG2 8BT
The Wait I Over
Best selling and award winning author Alex Gray is back with us with her astoundingly fantastic new book.
Don’t miss what is always a great event so book early to avoid disappointment.
When an elderly woman is found dead at her home, newly fledged DC Kirsty Wilson is called to the scene. It appears that the woman had a mysterious visitor in the early hours of that morning – someone dressed as a carer, but with much darker intentions. It soon becomes obvious that this was not death by natural causes, in fact, it was murder. Before she can catch her breath, DC Wilson is thrown in at the deep end as another body turns up – this time it’s a gruesome crime scene, the victim a well-known drug dealer from Glasgow’s mean streets, and there’s no question that this was a brutal execution.
The two cases appear to have nothing in common, but when a second vulnerable person is murdered in their sleep, the police realise that it’s only a matter of time before the next victim emerges and Detective Superintendent William Lorimer is called in to help DC Wilson investigate. This case is big and it’s about to get more personal than either of them could have imagined…
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis