Book Launch: Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 3 March, 2016
Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye – Thursday 3 March, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
Waterstones Argyle St, 174-176 Argyle Street, GlasgowG2 8BT
The Wait I Over
Best selling and award winning author Alex Gray is back with us with her astoundingly fantastic new book.
Don’t miss what is always a great event so book early to avoid disappointment.
When an elderly woman is found dead at her home, newly fledged DC Kirsty Wilson is called to the scene. It appears that the woman had a mysterious visitor in the early hours of that morning – someone dressed as a carer, but with much darker intentions. It soon becomes obvious that this was not death by natural causes, in fact, it was murder. Before she can catch her breath, DC Wilson is thrown in at the deep end as another body turns up – this time it’s a gruesome crime scene, the victim a well-known drug dealer from Glasgow’s mean streets, and there’s no question that this was a brutal execution.
The two cases appear to have nothing in common, but when a second vulnerable person is murdered in their sleep, the police realise that it’s only a matter of time before the next victim emerges and Detective Superintendent William Lorimer is called in to help DC Wilson investigate. This case is big and it’s about to get more personal than either of them could have imagined…
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay