‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
Blowing away the winter cobwebs and welcoming in a new season with a vibrant new Show ‘Rites of Spring’ which Previews on Saturday, March 31st and runs throughout April and May, 2018.
From 18 April,2018 – Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery with fifteen additional paintings exhibited.
As usual you will find a wide and eclectic range of exhibits from some of Scotland”s leading contemporary artists working in oils, acrylics, pastel, gouache, felted merino and watercolours.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to introduce several new artists:
Andrew Tough, whose photorealistic land and mountain scape paintings are truly remarkable, Jack Brown, whose coastal birds in flight are subtle but striking and Chris Gallacher whose colour palette has an intensity and depth well suited to his subject matter.
From Ross Muir, Moy Mackay, Gillian Henshaw, Louise Matheson and Vic Rodrick will also feature in the Show.
But in addition to over 80 paintings there is also a superb range of textiles including silk scarves by Vonnie Designs, lambswool scarves by Olive Pearson inspired by Charles Rennie Mackintosh motifs and plush velvet cushions by Catriona Gemmill. Also featured in the Show is a new range of ceramics by Angela Pointon who has taken blue birds as her theme and a subtle range of cobalt blue iridescent jewellery from Alexa Hope influenced by sea glass.
So do pop into the Gallery on Preview Day Saturday 31 March, 2018 from 11am until 6pm…..for a glass of wine and a wander round the artwork inspired by Spring.
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow