‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
The book is a tribute to the award winning writer Janet Paisley. It is a combination of essays, poems and biography. The writers include, Professor Alan Riach, Tom Leonard, James Robertson, Alan Bissett and Sheila Templeton to name a few.
‘I think of Janet as the sister I never had and when she told me she had been told she had terminal cancer, I just had to do something….’ Linda Jackson
The book will be launched and promoted at various events in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
A Celebration of the writer Janet Paisley
La Bodega 4 May, 2018 (EVENT SOLD OUT)
Blackwells Edinburgh, 20 May, 2018 at 2 p.m.
A further event will be held at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on 7 June.
Full details will be available soon along with details how to buy the book online.
A further event with Tom Leonard, Alan Riach and Anne Donovan will take place at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street on 7th June, 2018. Full details.
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow