Glasgow West End: Eating Out: Pat's Picks
- The Lansdowne - we liked this restaurant so much that we designed a great Web site for them: http://www.lansdownebar.co.uk
- The Otago "The restaurant has a very friendly atmosphere, unusually good service, and great food. The daytime menu is varied and lunch time is very busy at Otago with starters and snacks at prices the students can afford (we are in the heart of university land here) and a varied and attractive lunch time menu." Read the full review.
- North Star Provisions 108 Queen Margaret Drive, North Kelvinside. Tel. 946 5365. Brilliant coffee, 'little plates' and deli. "A new type of food shop and pocket cafe with specialities from Portugal and Southern Europe". It's bound to be a winner - the proprietors were the original owners of the much lauded Cafe Gandolfi. Read On.
- Papa Gill's 337 Dumbarton Road. Telephone: 337 3777
Looking for something different? Binder Gill's small and friendly restaurant in Partick is certainly not hindbound by tradition. You will be made welcome, whether you are looking for your breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee, or in the evenings typical Indian fare. Read On.
- Stravaigin Stravaigin (old Scots word for wandering around) has forged a place for itself at the forefront of contemporary Scottish cooking. Read On.
See also my Glasgow West End Wifi Cafe guide posted on Toowist.