Worldwide Reading in Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, Tuesday, April 21
Led by the International Literature Festival Berlin and the Lepsiushaus Potsdam, there will be a worldwide reading from “The Book of Whispers” by Varujan Vosganian to commemorate the centenary of the Armenian Genocide. In addition to remembering the victims of this horrible event, we also want to raise awareness of the fact that some countries still don’t recognise the genocide, most notably Turkey.
More than 300 authors from more than 65 countries are supporting this initiative, among them Nobel Prize for Literature laureates Mario Vargas Llosa, Herta Müller, Elfriede Jelinek, Orhan Pamuk, Günter Grass and John M. Coetzee.
Are you interested in holding a reading?
Are you interested in holding a reading to commemorate this occasion? The text of the selected chapters from “The Book of Whispers” is available in 15 languages on www.worldwide-reading.com
Scottish PEN – Reading University of Strathclyde
Scottish PEN are holding a reading at the University of Strathclyde; Louise Welsh, James Kelman and Drew Campbell will be reading from “The Book of Whispers”.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.