Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
22nd June, 2021 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Free, Online Event
Highlighting and Celebrating the work of Paria Goodarzi
Part of Series of Events at Women’s Library Glasgow – ‘In Conversation with….’ Women of Colour creatives in Scotland. Talking to emerging and established women creatives about their life, creative practice, key projects and future aspirations.
Paria is a visual artist who graduated in Textile Design in 2000 and is currently studying Fine Art Sculpture & Environmental art at Glasgow School of Art. She has worked with various communities and organisations focused on women’s and minority group’s wellbeing since 2012. As part of her artistic practice, she works with a wide variety of media both in Gallery spaces and site-specific projects. Her main concerns pivot around the idea of displacement as a result of social and political changes and their relation to the subject’s body and space. Her work often uses sculpture and installation that draw inspiration from people and her own experiences.
See information about upcoming In Conversation Events in July and August with writer Safina Mazhar and musician, researcher and activist Diljeet Bhachu.
This series is part of our “attend” session this Summer. You can sit back and enjoy the conversation as well as participate in a Q and A if you have any questions!
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer