Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
22nd June, 2021 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Free, Online Event
Highlighting and Celebrating the work of Paria Goodarzi
Part of Series of Events at Women’s Library Glasgow – ‘In Conversation with….’ Women of Colour creatives in Scotland. Talking to emerging and established women creatives about their life, creative practice, key projects and future aspirations.
Paria is a visual artist who graduated in Textile Design in 2000 and is currently studying Fine Art Sculpture & Environmental art at Glasgow School of Art. She has worked with various communities and organisations focused on women’s and minority group’s wellbeing since 2012. As part of her artistic practice, she works with a wide variety of media both in Gallery spaces and site-specific projects. Her main concerns pivot around the idea of displacement as a result of social and political changes and their relation to the subject’s body and space. Her work often uses sculpture and installation that draw inspiration from people and her own experiences.
See information about upcoming In Conversation Events in July and August with writer Safina Mazhar and musician, researcher and activist Diljeet Bhachu.
This series is part of our “attend” session this Summer. You can sit back and enjoy the conversation as well as participate in a Q and A if you have any questions!
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour