Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
22nd June, 2021 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Free, Online Event
Highlighting and Celebrating the work of Paria Goodarzi
Part of Series of Events at Women’s Library Glasgow – ‘In Conversation with….’ Women of Colour creatives in Scotland. Talking to emerging and established women creatives about their life, creative practice, key projects and future aspirations.
Paria is a visual artist who graduated in Textile Design in 2000 and is currently studying Fine Art Sculpture & Environmental art at Glasgow School of Art. She has worked with various communities and organisations focused on women’s and minority group’s wellbeing since 2012. As part of her artistic practice, she works with a wide variety of media both in Gallery spaces and site-specific projects. Her main concerns pivot around the idea of displacement as a result of social and political changes and their relation to the subject’s body and space. Her work often uses sculpture and installation that draw inspiration from people and her own experiences.
See information about upcoming In Conversation Events in July and August with writer Safina Mazhar and musician, researcher and activist Diljeet Bhachu.
This series is part of our “attend” session this Summer. You can sit back and enjoy the conversation as well as participate in a Q and A if you have any questions!
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- MACFEST: Celebrating Diverse African Cultural Heritage
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- ‘Workaround’ – Charlie Hammond at The Hunterian
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow