Women of the Necropolis Glasgow Women’s Library Event April 12, 2015
Women of the Necropolis
Glasgow Women’s Library Event
April 12, 2015 @ 2:00 pm, 4:00 p
£6.00 / £10.00
Experience a fantastic women’s history walking tour which digs the dirt on Victorian society, unearths women’s achievements and exhumes the histories of women buried in Glasgow’s Necropolis, as featured in Clare Balding’s book Walking Home.
Tour guides will tell the stories of both the notorious and forgotten women buried in these atmospheric surroundings. Gain a brand new angle on Glasgow’s beautiful, renowned Victorian cemetery.
Sunday 12th April, 2pm (£10/£6)
This walk will be taking place again on Saturday 23rd May if you are not able to make the April Date.
Tickets must be booked in advance. This events costs £10 full price. Select the number of tickets you want to book below, or come in to the Library to book.
Subsidised places at £6 for students, people on a low income, unemployed or those in receipt of benefit and Friends of GWL. Children 15 and under can attend the walks for free but must be accompanied by an adult. If you are eligible for a subsidised place select the subsidised ticket below, or come in to the Library to book.
All places must be paid for in advance as tour guides are not able to handle money on the day of the walk. Start point for the walk will be given in a confirmation email approximately 1 week prior to the walk and we will confirm once payment is received. Please check your spam or junk email folders if you have not received this in your inbox. Also, please note that the library is closed on a Saturday and Sunday so last minute bookings cannot be taken and messages will not be picked up until the Monday morning.
Please do not bring dogs (or other pets) other than guide dogs along on the walks. Contact the library if you are unsure about any thing – they will be happy to answer any questions.
Should you need to cancel a booking for any reason please see our Women’s Heritage Walks Cancellation Policy.
Check out the full programme of Women Make History events , including more walks, a heritage bike ride, reading events and more.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.