Wiston Writers Workshop with Gerry Loose, 23 January, 2015
January 23, 2015 – January 25, 2015
A weekend of writing for all ages and stages, led by Gerry Loose, “slow moving nomad, poet, writer and land-artist who works with subjects from the natural world” set in the magnificent location of Wiston Lodge.
Cost £130 includes workshops, accommodation and food:
Payable by cheque or BACS
Friday Jan 23rd
7.30 pm. Poetry and story sharing session for all present to offer some writing which has inspired them, led them to write, or make them want to in the future. Gerry Loose will share some of his own writing.
Saturday January 24th
10.00 a.m. Introduction from Gerry Loose.
Time outside alone or in pairs in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, experiencing the natural world, and getting ideas and inspiration from the wind and weather, trees, plants and the environment. Return to indoors round the fire then start to produce new writing inspired by the time outside.
1.00 – Lunch
2.00pm Writing time and individual slots with Gerry
6.00pm Wiston Lodge style Informal Burns Supper and Ceilidh.
Following the dinner, Addressing the Haggis and Tam O’Shanter, Gerry Loose will give his take on the Immortal Memory and there will be a ceilidh of song, music and poems and followed by dancing in the Big Lounge. Everyone attending the workshop is invited to attend the Supper as part of the weekend.
Sunday 25th January
A mix of reflection, writing time and input from Gerry Loose
1.00pm – Lunch
2.00 pm Closing
Millrig Road, Biggar, South Lanarkshire ML12 6HT
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire