Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh, 19 November, 2015 University of Glasgow
PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with hProfessor Louise Welsh.
Thursday 19 November 2015
Kelvin Gallery, University of Glasgow
Please join us at this year’s PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh.
Val McDermid’s novels have been translated into thirty languages and have sold over ten million copies worldwide. Her work has been adapted for television and radio and her many awards include the Cartier Diamond Dagger, awarded by the Crime Writers’ Association to authors who have made an outstanding lifetime’s contribution to the genre. Val has also written non-fiction books, notably‘Forensics – The Anatomy of Crime’ in association with The Wellcome Collection. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear one of the most successful writers of her generation talk about her craft and research.
Each year University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing Programme and Scottish PEN invite a woman writer working at the top of their field to educate (and entertain) us for an evening. Please do come along and join in an evening of crime and conversation.
Scottish PEN, which fights for the rights of writers world-wide, sponsors this lecture in the memory of Naomi Mitchison.
Free event, open to all.
Please remember to register your attendance.
To attend the PEN Naomi Mitchison event,Register online.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow