University of Glasgow, International Women’s Day, Prof Lesley Yellowlees
5th March, 2015
Professor Lesley Yellowlees
All around the world, International Women’s Day (8 March 2015) represents an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
Make It Happen is this year’s theme, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognising women.
As part of this year’s celebrations, the University is pleased to host a keynote talk by Professor Lesley Yellowlees, MBE BSc PhD FRSC FInstP FRSE, Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh.
The event will take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 from 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Currently Head of the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Yellowlees became the first woman President of the Royal Society of Chemistry in July 2012.
She was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to science and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2012. Professor Yellowlees has a long-standing commitment to promoting the contribution of women to academic science and is a champion of gender equality in STEMM.
Main Building Glasgow
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations