University of Glasgow, International Women’s Day, Prof Lesley Yellowlees
5th March, 2015
Professor Lesley Yellowlees
All around the world, International Women’s Day (8 March 2015) represents an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
Make It Happen is this year’s theme, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognising women.
As part of this year’s celebrations, the University is pleased to host a keynote talk by Professor Lesley Yellowlees, MBE BSc PhD FRSC FInstP FRSE, Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh.
The event will take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 from 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Currently Head of the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Yellowlees became the first woman President of the Royal Society of Chemistry in July 2012.
She was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to science and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2012. Professor Yellowlees has a long-standing commitment to promoting the contribution of women to academic science and is a champion of gender equality in STEMM.
Main Building Glasgow
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, International Womens Day Glasgow 2015
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire