To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
10 September, 2020 – 5.30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
We’ve all at some point been caught in an uncomfortable conversation about our eating habits and our ethics. A few words like “I’m vegan” or “I eat meat” can be enough to make us clench up and be instantly unwilling to hear the other person out. This not only can make socialising more difficult but also prevents us from gaining access to other, unique and sometimes very informative perspectives.
Beginning potentially uncomfortable dialogues like this are key to expanding our understanding of complex issues like climate change, not least because of how interlinked food and agriculture is to global warming.
This climate conversation will be on a very simple topic: why do we eat what we eat? A simple question with often quite loaded answers, but fear not! This will be 100% judgement-free zone, no-one will try to convert you to be vegan/vegetarian or not be vegan/vegetarian. Everyone will leave their agenda at the door and will simply be here to learn about your perspective.
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85884842150?pwd=TGc2Vjk1Uk1JemtIYXhQVGhJLytNZz09
Meeting ID: 858 8484 2150
This section: Woodlands Community, Zoom and online events
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- MACFEST: Celebrating Diverse African Cultural Heritage
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing
- The Summer of Discontent – Glasgow Against Closures
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- SCCAN Communicating Climate Change: Working with Arts & Culture 3-5.30pm 12th May
- Woodlands Community Cafe
- Street Cones – Recovering Voices Online Course
- Mara Menzies, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Writers for Ukraine Online Event
- Angela Davis in conversation – live and online
- Michael Pederson Creative Conversations
- Kiss the Ground, Film Screening plus Disussion
- Gray Day at OranMor 2022