From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
Friday 18th September, 2020
Included in DAY TWO of Great Western Auctions Autumn Fine Art & Antique auction on Friday 18th September 2020.
Lots 326 – 410 Residual artworks, books, furniture and studio elements from the estate of Alasdair Gray.
This section commences at approximately 11:15am.
Alasdair Gray, writer, painter, muralist and playwright, was a Scottish artist of international standing whose paintings, books and murals form an unparalleled body of work in contemporary culture.
Born in 1934 in Glasgow, he graduated from Glasgow School of Art in 1957.
Gray was a prolific writer of novels, short stories, plays, poems and literary criticism.
His novel Lanark is now regarded as a classic and one of the landmarks of 20th Century fiction.
He was an accomplished artist who has painted remarkable murals and is also the designer and illustrator of his own books.
As well as recording the life and people of Scotland in his paintings, he produced the ceiling mural, for the auditorium of the Oran Mor in Glasgow, one of the largest works of art in Scotland.
Alasdair died in December 2019.
This section: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Pat's Home Page Blog, Shopping
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Jasmine Boutique Hyndland Sale
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Henry Bell, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
- Banner Promenade, The Deep End
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Reopens