From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
Friday 18th September, 2020
Included in DAY TWO of Great Western Auctions Autumn Fine Art & Antique auction on Friday 18th September 2020.
Lots 326 – 410 Residual artworks, books, furniture and studio elements from the estate of Alasdair Gray.
This section commences at approximately 11:15am.
Alasdair Gray, writer, painter, muralist and playwright, was a Scottish artist of international standing whose paintings, books and murals form an unparalleled body of work in contemporary culture.
Born in 1934 in Glasgow, he graduated from Glasgow School of Art in 1957.
Gray was a prolific writer of novels, short stories, plays, poems and literary criticism.
His novel Lanark is now regarded as a classic and one of the landmarks of 20th Century fiction.
He was an accomplished artist who has painted remarkable murals and is also the designer and illustrator of his own books.
As well as recording the life and people of Scotland in his paintings, he produced the ceiling mural, for the auditorium of the Oran Mor in Glasgow, one of the largest works of art in Scotland.
Alasdair died in December 2019.
This section: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Pat's Home Page Blog, Shopping
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Eglinton Country Park – Helen Rose Outdoors
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Wully Davidson’s Bus Pass Rambles: Warm Day in the West Highlands
- Riverside Festival 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Wully Davidson’s Blog: Isle of Gigha
- Carbeth Big Hut Party – Gala Day
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- Helen Rose Outdoors Diary – Borders Abbeys Way
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Kilpatrick Hills balcony trails