The Lamplighter The Tron 27 July 2014
27 July 2014 at 5 p.m.
Rehearsed reading of Jackie Kay’s journey into the dark heart of slavery.
A co-production between TRON THEATRE COMPANY and THE EMPIRE CAFE
Directed by ALISON PEEBLES
Jackie Kay’s The Lamplighter takes us on a journey through the dark heart of slavery. Four women and one man tell the story of the fort, the slave ship, the middle passage, the life on the plantations, the growth of the British city and the industrial revolution.
A Q&A will follow the reading and copies of the free Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Poetry Anthology will be given to all ticket holders.
Tron Theatre 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis Book Launch
- Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
- The Big Meeting GFT
- The Muse at Avant Garde September 9th, 2019
- Place and Peace: three Scottish PEN writers at Scottish Writers Centre
- Postbox Launch of Issue 2
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Streets of Glasgow with Peter Mortimer Glasgow Literary Lounge