The Gutter Magazine Party Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Gutter Magazine Party
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Mono Cafe Bar
10-12 King’s Court, King Street, GlasgowG1 5RB
The Gutter Magazine Party |Janice Galloway| Robert Florence | Kerry Hudson | | Declan Welsh & More | FREE TICKETED EVENT
Mono, 7:30pm til late.
Lucky Gutter 13 is out with work from Liz Lochhead, Ron Butlin, Rodge Glass, Christine De Luca and many more. Not to mention a slightly controversial interview. We’re celebrating by throwing a party for Book Week Scotland. There’ll be some of the best music, poetry, comedy, and stories that Scotland has to offer, as well as a free drink on arrival. Mon oot.
The party is FREE, but please book your tickets: brown paper tickets
L I N E U P
One of the most acclaimed authors of her generation, JANICE GALLOWAY will read from her new Saltire nominated book of short stories, Jellyfish.
KERRY HUDSON is the writer behind Tony Hogan Bought me an Icecream Float Before he Stole my Ma and Thirst. Louise Welsh said that her books should do for Aberdeen what trainspotting did for Edinburgh.
Multi-talented writer, comedian, performer and star of Burnistoun ROBERT FLORENCE joins the lineup.
And to close the night there’ll be music from THE DECLAN WELSH BAND. If Billy Bragg, John Cooper Clark and Pete Doherty had brought up a child together in East Kilbride then social services would likely to have had to intervene. But if they hadn’t, you’d have got Declan Welsh.
Performances start at 8.00. Tickets are limited. It’s gonna be a blast.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival
- Denise Mina, Govanhill Book Festival 2020