The Gutter Magazine Party Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Gutter Magazine Party
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Mono Cafe Bar
10-12 King’s Court, King Street, GlasgowG1 5RB
The Gutter Magazine Party |Janice Galloway| Robert Florence | Kerry Hudson | | Declan Welsh & More | FREE TICKETED EVENT
Mono, 7:30pm til late.
Lucky Gutter 13 is out with work from Liz Lochhead, Ron Butlin, Rodge Glass, Christine De Luca and many more. Not to mention a slightly controversial interview. We’re celebrating by throwing a party for Book Week Scotland. There’ll be some of the best music, poetry, comedy, and stories that Scotland has to offer, as well as a free drink on arrival. Mon oot.
The party is FREE, but please book your tickets: brown paper tickets
L I N E U P
One of the most acclaimed authors of her generation, JANICE GALLOWAY will read from her new Saltire nominated book of short stories, Jellyfish.
KERRY HUDSON is the writer behind Tony Hogan Bought me an Icecream Float Before he Stole my Ma and Thirst. Louise Welsh said that her books should do for Aberdeen what trainspotting did for Edinburgh.
Multi-talented writer, comedian, performer and star of Burnistoun ROBERT FLORENCE joins the lineup.
And to close the night there’ll be music from THE DECLAN WELSH BAND. If Billy Bragg, John Cooper Clark and Pete Doherty had brought up a child together in East Kilbride then social services would likely to have had to intervene. But if they hadn’t, you’d have got Declan Welsh.
Performances start at 8.00. Tickets are limited. It’s gonna be a blast.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow