The Gutter Magazine Party Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Gutter Magazine Party
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Mono Cafe Bar
10-12 King’s Court, King Street, GlasgowG1 5RB
The Gutter Magazine Party |Janice Galloway| Robert Florence | Kerry Hudson | | Declan Welsh & More | FREE TICKETED EVENT
Mono, 7:30pm til late.
Lucky Gutter 13 is out with work from Liz Lochhead, Ron Butlin, Rodge Glass, Christine De Luca and many more. Not to mention a slightly controversial interview. We’re celebrating by throwing a party for Book Week Scotland. There’ll be some of the best music, poetry, comedy, and stories that Scotland has to offer, as well as a free drink on arrival. Mon oot.
The party is FREE, but please book your tickets: brown paper tickets
L I N E U P
One of the most acclaimed authors of her generation, JANICE GALLOWAY will read from her new Saltire nominated book of short stories, Jellyfish.
KERRY HUDSON is the writer behind Tony Hogan Bought me an Icecream Float Before he Stole my Ma and Thirst. Louise Welsh said that her books should do for Aberdeen what trainspotting did for Edinburgh.
Multi-talented writer, comedian, performer and star of Burnistoun ROBERT FLORENCE joins the lineup.
And to close the night there’ll be music from THE DECLAN WELSH BAND. If Billy Bragg, John Cooper Clark and Pete Doherty had brought up a child together in East Kilbride then social services would likely to have had to intervene. But if they hadn’t, you’d have got Declan Welsh.
Performances start at 8.00. Tickets are limited. It’s gonna be a blast.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock