The C Word, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA Tuesday 8 December, 2015
The ‘C’ Word
Tue 8 December 2015
7pm, £6 (£3 concessions) on the door, Free to SWC members, Clubroom
The ‘C’ Word: A talk on cross-media collaboration followed by a reading from Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, with Douglas Robertson and Gordon Meade.
Gordon Meade is a Scottish poet based in the East Neuk of Fife. In the past he has been the Creative Writing Fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Writer in Residence for Dundee District Libraries, and the Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at the University of Dundee. His eighth collection of poems, Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, a collaboration with Douglas Robertson, will be published in the autumn by Cultured Llama Publishing.
Douglas Robertson will begin by giving a short talk on cross-media collaboration including his recent work with the writers Donald S Murray and Isobel Dixon. Gordon Meade and Douglas Robertson will discuss their collaboration on Les Animots: A Human Bestiary. This will be followed by a reading from the collection by Gordon Meade. Gordon will then share a few unpublished poems from his next “collaboration” with cancer.
Douglas Robertson was born in Dundee and now lives in Hampshire. An artist and teacher, he has worked on numerous collaboration projects and has exhibited widely throughout the UK. His work is in many public collections, including the Scottish Fisheries Museum and Comunn Eachdraidh Nis on the Isle of Lewis, and is included in the BBC’s ‘Your Paintings’. His latest book collaborations with Donald S. Murray are SY StorY, published by Birlinn in February, and Herring Tales, published by Bloomsbury in September. His work can be viewed on his website.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock