The C Word, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA Tuesday 8 December, 2015
The ‘C’ Word
Tue 8 December 2015
7pm, £6 (£3 concessions) on the door, Free to SWC members, Clubroom
The ‘C’ Word: A talk on cross-media collaboration followed by a reading from Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, with Douglas Robertson and Gordon Meade.
Gordon Meade is a Scottish poet based in the East Neuk of Fife. In the past he has been the Creative Writing Fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Writer in Residence for Dundee District Libraries, and the Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at the University of Dundee. His eighth collection of poems, Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, a collaboration with Douglas Robertson, will be published in the autumn by Cultured Llama Publishing.
Douglas Robertson will begin by giving a short talk on cross-media collaboration including his recent work with the writers Donald S Murray and Isobel Dixon. Gordon Meade and Douglas Robertson will discuss their collaboration on Les Animots: A Human Bestiary. This will be followed by a reading from the collection by Gordon Meade. Gordon will then share a few unpublished poems from his next “collaboration” with cancer.
Douglas Robertson was born in Dundee and now lives in Hampshire. An artist and teacher, he has worked on numerous collaboration projects and has exhibited widely throughout the UK. His work is in many public collections, including the Scottish Fisheries Museum and Comunn Eachdraidh Nis on the Isle of Lewis, and is included in the BBC’s ‘Your Paintings’. His latest book collaborations with Donald S. Murray are SY StorY, published by Birlinn in February, and Herring Tales, published by Bloomsbury in September. His work can be viewed on his website.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’