Starchild Shine a Light Campaign – Giving Tuesday
Tuesday 5 May, 2020
Learn a new skill in lockdown or be entertained and support Starchild
Join the ‘Starchild in Memory of Frankie Marsh Shine your Light campaign’.
Show off your skills or lack off for fun and try something new.
On Tuesday 5th May artists, musicians, performers will provide a wide programme of events throughout the day.
‘Michaela Foster Marsh has challenged her friends to give a masterclass, give a concert, show us how you paint, draw, recite a poem, a drama, dance, sing, cook, cocktail making, bread making, comedy sketch, basketweave, show us your gardening skills, dog training skills, writing tips, reading from a book, magic tricks, drumming, waxing, reiki or any other skill or talent you have hidden away or something you want to try. Let us into your world on Tuesday! Tell us something we wouldn’t necessarily know that you know, lead a meditation or prayer, anything you feel connected to. Do it alone or as a family. Then post it on social media, share it and mention you are doing it for Starchild. If people like it they can donate or not. Let’s just have fun online for a good cause and spread the love. We recently lost a boy at the Mango tree school who drowned trying to get fish from the River Nile because he was hungry. With schools closed in Uganda, most of these children simply do not eat. We hope we can all come together on giving Tue and show off your skills or lack off for fun and try something new. Film it on your phone, post it and spread the word on Giving Tue. and spread this message to people you know, let me know if you are in. Humble thanks.’
Starchild is a Charity dedicated to improving the lives of children in Uganda.
JIM BYRNE – .JUST AN INFORMER’
”Starchild in Memory of Frankie Marsh Shine your Light campaign’.
Baking with Beefcake Cafe
It’s giving Tuesday and Beefcake Cafe is shining a light and sharing skills for Starchild! If you like the video please donate on the link below. Lets keep the light shining for the kids in Uganda. Michaela Foster Marsh.
Warren Starry Sky
First recording of new song and a version of Be Kind. Posting this for one day in support of #JustGivingTuesday for the Starchild charity.
#GivingTuesdayNow is today and is a global day of giving and unity as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. Starchild recently lost a 10 yr old boy at the Mango Tree School that they help support. He drowned trying to get fish from the river because he was hungry. With schools closed in Uganda, most of these children simply do not eat.
Please donate even a small amount today if you can. Link here: https://bit.ly/2YthKJT
Tita Berredo – Will be drawing for Starchild Charity!
On Instagram @titaberredo at 2pm UK time I will be going live with drawing and material tips!If you are interested in book illustration this will be a great opportunity
Other participants will include: Warren Starry Sky Beefcake cafe Tone Bjørkestad Wilma Stark Lisa Kahlen Jim Byrne , Outi Smith, Crawford Smith, Christie Phillips Justin Savage Gabriel McCaffrey Karen Camber Soslove Bethany Bisaillion Christina Manca Penelope Stewart Paola Natalia Mori
Aim for the Stars
Starchild is a registered charity set up in memory of the founders adopted brother, Frankie Marsh. Frankie’s parents were both from Uganda. After coming to the UK to study in the 60s, Frankie’s mother reluctantly made the decision to give him up for adoption. Frankie was adopted into Michaela’s family in Glasgow, Scotland at 13 months old, the same age as Michaela. They were raised like twins – one black, one white. Sadly Frankie died in a house fire at the age of 27 years.
Starchild believes that every child deserves to be loved, cared for, clothed, fed and educated.
This section: Coronavirus, Starchild
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Cottiers: At Home Bottle Shop and Takeaway
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community Neighbourhood Food Service
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion