Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS & TIDELINES PRESENT: ANDREW O’HAGAN
Thursday 03 September 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
‘Mayflies is one of those novels to press into the hands of friends. Beautifully written – wise, funny, poetic, alert to time, place and the ordinary human… I adored this book.’
Carol Ann Duffy
To celebrate the publication date of Mayflies (Faber & Faber), the much-anticipated new novel from Andrew O’Hagan, Tidelines Book Festival and University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme present a live virtual conversation between the author and Ayrshire-born writer Zoë Strachan.
With personal insight into the novel’s setting, this will be a unique conversation between the two authors, exploring the inspiration for Mayflies and the coming-of-age experience in an Ayrshire town.
Irvine-based Tidelines Book Festival had planned an Ayrshire book launch with O’Hagan, bringing the novel home to its roots, but the festival is delighted to have developed in its place this virtual collaborative event with University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme.
The book launch will be streamed live via Zoom, with the facility to ask questions during the event. You will receive a Zoom link in your email shortly before the event begins.
Tickets are FREE – all welcome!
Andrew O’Hagan has been nominated for the Booker Prize, and in 2003 was voted one of Granta’s Top Young British Novelists. He is Editor-at-Large of the London Review of Books and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Zoë Strachan is an award-winning novelist and Reader in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville