Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS & TIDELINES PRESENT: ANDREW O’HAGAN
Thursday 03 September 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
‘Mayflies is one of those novels to press into the hands of friends. Beautifully written – wise, funny, poetic, alert to time, place and the ordinary human… I adored this book.’
Carol Ann Duffy
To celebrate the publication date of Mayflies (Faber & Faber), the much-anticipated new novel from Andrew O’Hagan, Tidelines Book Festival and University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme present a live virtual conversation between the author and Ayrshire-born writer Zoë Strachan.
With personal insight into the novel’s setting, this will be a unique conversation between the two authors, exploring the inspiration for Mayflies and the coming-of-age experience in an Ayrshire town.
Irvine-based Tidelines Book Festival had planned an Ayrshire book launch with O’Hagan, bringing the novel home to its roots, but the festival is delighted to have developed in its place this virtual collaborative event with University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme.
The book launch will be streamed live via Zoom, with the facility to ask questions during the event. You will receive a Zoom link in your email shortly before the event begins.
Tickets are FREE – all welcome!
Andrew O’Hagan has been nominated for the Booker Prize, and in 2003 was voted one of Granta’s Top Young British Novelists. He is Editor-at-Large of the London Review of Books and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Zoë Strachan is an award-winning novelist and Reader in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
- MACFEST: Celebrating Diverse African Cultural Heritage
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing
- The Summer of Discontent – Glasgow Against Closures
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley