Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS & TIDELINES PRESENT: ANDREW O’HAGAN
Thursday 03 September 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
‘Mayflies is one of those novels to press into the hands of friends. Beautifully written – wise, funny, poetic, alert to time, place and the ordinary human… I adored this book.’
Carol Ann Duffy
To celebrate the publication date of Mayflies (Faber & Faber), the much-anticipated new novel from Andrew O’Hagan, Tidelines Book Festival and University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme present a live virtual conversation between the author and Ayrshire-born writer Zoë Strachan.
With personal insight into the novel’s setting, this will be a unique conversation between the two authors, exploring the inspiration for Mayflies and the coming-of-age experience in an Ayrshire town.
Irvine-based Tidelines Book Festival had planned an Ayrshire book launch with O’Hagan, bringing the novel home to its roots, but the festival is delighted to have developed in its place this virtual collaborative event with University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme.
The book launch will be streamed live via Zoom, with the facility to ask questions during the event. You will receive a Zoom link in your email shortly before the event begins.
Tickets are FREE – all welcome!
Andrew O’Hagan has been nominated for the Booker Prize, and in 2003 was voted one of Granta’s Top Young British Novelists. He is Editor-at-Large of the London Review of Books and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Zoë Strachan is an award-winning novelist and Reader in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina