Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS & TIDELINES PRESENT: ANDREW O’HAGAN
Thursday 03 September 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
‘Mayflies is one of those novels to press into the hands of friends. Beautifully written – wise, funny, poetic, alert to time, place and the ordinary human… I adored this book.’
Carol Ann Duffy
To celebrate the publication date of Mayflies (Faber & Faber), the much-anticipated new novel from Andrew O’Hagan, Tidelines Book Festival and University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme present a live virtual conversation between the author and Ayrshire-born writer Zoë Strachan.
With personal insight into the novel’s setting, this will be a unique conversation between the two authors, exploring the inspiration for Mayflies and the coming-of-age experience in an Ayrshire town.
Irvine-based Tidelines Book Festival had planned an Ayrshire book launch with O’Hagan, bringing the novel home to its roots, but the festival is delighted to have developed in its place this virtual collaborative event with University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme.
The book launch will be streamed live via Zoom, with the facility to ask questions during the event. You will receive a Zoom link in your email shortly before the event begins.
Tickets are FREE – all welcome!
Andrew O’Hagan has been nominated for the Booker Prize, and in 2003 was voted one of Granta’s Top Young British Novelists. He is Editor-at-Large of the London Review of Books and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Zoë Strachan is an award-winning novelist and Reader in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021