Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS & TIDELINES PRESENT: ANDREW O’HAGAN
Thursday 03 September 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
‘Mayflies is one of those novels to press into the hands of friends. Beautifully written – wise, funny, poetic, alert to time, place and the ordinary human… I adored this book.’
Carol Ann Duffy
To celebrate the publication date of Mayflies (Faber & Faber), the much-anticipated new novel from Andrew O’Hagan, Tidelines Book Festival and University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme present a live virtual conversation between the author and Ayrshire-born writer Zoë Strachan.
With personal insight into the novel’s setting, this will be a unique conversation between the two authors, exploring the inspiration for Mayflies and the coming-of-age experience in an Ayrshire town.
Irvine-based Tidelines Book Festival had planned an Ayrshire book launch with O’Hagan, bringing the novel home to its roots, but the festival is delighted to have developed in its place this virtual collaborative event with University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme.
The book launch will be streamed live via Zoom, with the facility to ask questions during the event. You will receive a Zoom link in your email shortly before the event begins.
Tickets are FREE – all welcome!
Andrew O’Hagan has been nominated for the Booker Prize, and in 2003 was voted one of Granta’s Top Young British Novelists. He is Editor-at-Large of the London Review of Books and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Zoë Strachan is an award-winning novelist and Reader in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021