Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
4 – 28 September, 2020
You may not be able to come back to the theatre yet – so instead, Scottish Opera is coming to you!
Pop-up Opera is back on the road with three captivating shows for audiences of all ages. Experience all the drama and wonder of grand opera on a miniature scale, with intimate open-air performances brought to life by a storyteller, two singers, instrumentalists – and a sumptuous set of specially created illustrations.
Immerse yourself in pint-sized versions of The Gondoliers and Don Giovanni, which take you on an unforgettable journey through the operas’ musical and dramatic highlights – in just 30 minutes each. And discover The Song of the Clyde, a brand new operatic history of Scotland’s best-loved river, created specially for family audiences.
Safety for all audience members, performers and technical staff has been built into all three productions from the very start. Physical distancing and other safety measures will be observed at all times, with no compromise on your protection – or on your spellbinding operatic experience.
The Pop-up Opera trailer is on the road from 4 to 28 September, at venues including:
Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock
National Museum of Flight, East Lothian
Rozelle Estate, Ayr
Albert Halls, Stirling
Riverside Museum, Glasgow
Eden Court, Inverness
Heart of Hawick
Slessor Gardens, Dundee
St Andrews Bandstand
Plus more venues to be announced soon!
Tickets are free and must be booked in advance.
Pop-up Opera is proudly sponsored by Baillie Gifford
Pop-up Opera is supported by The Rowena Alison Goffin Charitable Trust, H R Creswick’s Charitable Trust and The W. A. Cargill Fund. A Little Bit of The Gondoliers is supported by The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU