Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
17 January, 2020
Old Hairdressers, Renfield Ln, Glasgow G2 5AR
Sonnet Youth is a spoken word house party. A literary rave. A poetic piss up – bringing together poets, authors, rappers, comedians and musicians for a night of no holds barred performances.
Curated and hosted by Kevin P. Gilday – Writer & Spoken Word Artist and Cat Hepburn Write, – proud to present a night of non-stop entertainment from some of the most unique artists plying their trade in Scotland, and beyond.
Ringing in the new year with a bill full of supremely talented individuals:
Headliner is Joelle Taylor – an award-winning poet, playwright and author who recently completed touring Europe, Australia, Brazil and South East Asia with her latest collection Songs My Enemy Taught Me.
Performing work from his sizeable back catalogue of performance and prose, returning once again is Falkirk’s finest son – Alan Bissett.
Special comedy guest is the legendary Elaine Malcolmson. A Scottish Variety Award nominee, Elaine’s TV and radio work includes BBC Scotland’s Breaking the News.
There will be a blinding set from one of the country’s top up and coming rappers, the spellbinding Empress.
Scotland’s only crime poet, Dumbarton FC Poet-in-Residence and former Federation of Writers (Scotland) Makar – it can only be Stephen Watt Poet.
Showcasing the exemplary work of acclaimed writer and performer Matt Macdonald – Poetry.
Special guest DJ Anna Gram (LEZZER QUEST) will be playing tunes til midnight.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday