Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
17 January, 2020
Old Hairdressers, Renfield Ln, Glasgow G2 5AR
Sonnet Youth is a spoken word house party. A literary rave. A poetic piss up – bringing together poets, authors, rappers, comedians and musicians for a night of no holds barred performances.
Curated and hosted by Kevin P. Gilday – Writer & Spoken Word Artist and Cat Hepburn Write, – proud to present a night of non-stop entertainment from some of the most unique artists plying their trade in Scotland, and beyond.
Ringing in the new year with a bill full of supremely talented individuals:
Headliner is Joelle Taylor – an award-winning poet, playwright and author who recently completed touring Europe, Australia, Brazil and South East Asia with her latest collection Songs My Enemy Taught Me.
Performing work from his sizeable back catalogue of performance and prose, returning once again is Falkirk’s finest son – Alan Bissett.
Special comedy guest is the legendary Elaine Malcolmson. A Scottish Variety Award nominee, Elaine’s TV and radio work includes BBC Scotland’s Breaking the News.
There will be a blinding set from one of the country’s top up and coming rappers, the spellbinding Empress.
Scotland’s only crime poet, Dumbarton FC Poet-in-Residence and former Federation of Writers (Scotland) Makar – it can only be Stephen Watt Poet.
Showcasing the exemplary work of acclaimed writer and performer Matt Macdonald – Poetry.
Special guest DJ Anna Gram (LEZZER QUEST) will be playing tunes til midnight.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Books at the Botanics
- Aye Write 2020: Humans of Scotland