Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
Monday 20 January 2020 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Helen McClory is a writer and editor based in Edinburgh, and she grew up between there and the Isle of Skye. She has lived in Sydney, Australia and New York City and currently resides in Edinburgh. While in NYC, she worked as a dog walker and had the distinction of walking Lou Reed’s dog. Most recently, she volunteered on a horse farm in central Portugal, despite finding horses slightly alarming. Her other interests include cooking and absurdism. Helen received a PhD in English Literature/Creative Writing from the University of Glasgow in 2010. Currently, she runs the Write Toscana retreat, based in Tuscany.
She has appeared on BBC Radio Scotland, at the Edinburgh International Book Festival and the May Festival in Aberdeen, as well as on panel discussions and live events such as Neu Reekie.
Her books include the Saltire First Book Award winning On the Edges of Vision, Flesh of the Peach, Mayhem & Death and The Goldblum Variations, a book of microfictions on Jeff Goldblum.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series the writer Helen McClory comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions! Elizabeth Reeder will chair the event.
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling