Short Courses Open Day University of Glasgow, 26 August, 2017
26 August, 2017 10.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m.
The Glasgow Club Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Open to the public, come along to the Short Courses Open Day! 26 August 2017, 10.30am-1.30pm – a great opportunity to learn about the 250+ courses the University offers each year.
Short courses are delivered throughout the year and can be accessed weekly during the day or evening, online and as a weekend event in and around Glasgow.
This event, being held in Kelvin Hall, is for anyone wanting to learn for pleasure or looking to add to their current skill-set. In coming along on the day, you’ll find out what’s involved in the popular short courses and meet the wonderful people who teach them.
Programme for 2017-18 covers a wide range of subjects, including:
Archaeology, Classics & Egyptology
Art & Art History
History, Politics & International Affairs
Literature & Film
Psychology, Counselling Skills & Law
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Poetry, Reading and Discussion
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Queerness in 1980s Glasgow – Douglas Stuart
- Bloody Scotland: Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin