Short Courses Open Day University of Glasgow, 26 August, 2017
26 August, 2017 10.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m.
The Glasgow Club Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Open to the public, come along to the Short Courses Open Day! 26 August 2017, 10.30am-1.30pm – a great opportunity to learn about the 250+ courses the University offers each year.
Short courses are delivered throughout the year and can be accessed weekly during the day or evening, online and as a weekend event in and around Glasgow.
This event, being held in Kelvin Hall, is for anyone wanting to learn for pleasure or looking to add to their current skill-set. In coming along on the day, you’ll find out what’s involved in the popular short courses and meet the wonderful people who teach them.
Programme for 2017-18 covers a wide range of subjects, including:
Archaeology, Classics & Egyptology
Art & Art History
History, Politics & International Affairs
Literature & Film
Psychology, Counselling Skills & Law
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021