Short Courses Open Day University of Glasgow, 26 August, 2017
26 August, 2017 10.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m.
The Glasgow Club Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Open to the public, come along to the Short Courses Open Day! 26 August 2017, 10.30am-1.30pm – a great opportunity to learn about the 250+ courses the University offers each year.
Short courses are delivered throughout the year and can be accessed weekly during the day or evening, online and as a weekend event in and around Glasgow.
This event, being held in Kelvin Hall, is for anyone wanting to learn for pleasure or looking to add to their current skill-set. In coming along on the day, you’ll find out what’s involved in the popular short courses and meet the wonderful people who teach them.
Programme for 2017-18 covers a wide range of subjects, including:
Archaeology, Classics & Egyptology
Art & Art History
History, Politics & International Affairs
Literature & Film
Psychology, Counselling Skills & Law
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day