Glasgow Artist Allan Richardson – Local City Scenes
Allan Richardson is much loved and well known local artist, who can often be seen working on his latest project in the streets of Glasgow. He always takes the time to stop and answer any questions people may have about his work – and usually he has a good story to tell about the buildings he is capturing on canvas. allanrichardsonart.com
Capturing Glasgow’s West End
Perfect gifts for relatives and friends
Allan is such a popular Glasgow character that he is featured in Alasdair Gray’s mural in Hillhead Underground, where he is depicted in his other role – keeping the streets of the West End sparkling clean. Alasdair was a big fan of Allan Richardson and it was he who first introduced me to Allan and his art.
A self taught artist, Allan captures some of Glasgow’s most iconic buildings in his own unique style which makes us all yearn to be there. His art is particularly popular with Glasgow ex-pats and is a great way for them to have their own bit of Glasgow in their homes.
CONTACT ALLAN: Email: [email protected] Tel: 07980507623
Beautiful Images of Glasgow – A Great Wedding Gift
As well as the prints, which are signed and dated by the artist, Allan is available for private commissions. Contact Allan directly if you are interested in commissioning your very own unique Glasgow scene or visit his website to purchase one of his Glasgow scene art prints.
(Allan’s painting of The Kibble Palace – commissioned in celebration of the Botanic Gardens Bicentenary, 2017. You can view it in the gallery at Glasgow Botanic Gardens.)
You will also find Allan’s work to buy at the Scottish Design Exchange, Second Floor, Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow City Centre. And in the West End at Janet and John, De Courcy’s, Cresswell Lane, off Cresswell Street, Nr. Byres Road.
Glorious Images of Scotland
You will also find beautiful images of wonderful scenes throughout Scotland, including Harris, South Uist and Seamill.
High quality prints
Images are on matt finish heavy weight art paper using the latest inkjet technology with Epson ultrachrome K3 inks. They have a non fade life of at least 75 years. The print sizes can be A3 or A2 and will be shipped in a postal tube.allanrichardsonart.com
Quotes from satisfied customers
‘Absolutely LOVE it‘, Fiona
‘ Your painting of the cricket club pavilion is fantastic! Thanks a lot!, Dougie and Michele
‘We commissioned Allan to do a picture of our honeymoon trip to Corpach. We are absolutely delighted with the finished work and will enjoy it for many years to come‘ A+C Finlay
‘Hi Allan, Just to say thanks for my drawing of Jaconellis. It is stunning and exactly what I was looking for. It really is a lovely reminder for me of years gone by and a lovely memory of my Dad who used to take us there often.‘ H. Greig
‘Bought your pic of Cresswell Lane. Absolutely LOVE it!’ Fiona
‘Love my etching – you are VERY talented and I will be buying more of your work.’ Kipper
Contact The Glasgow Artist Allan Richardson
Email: [email protected]
Filed under: Art, Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Best In The West, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Mother's Day Gifts, Mothers' Day, Pat's Home Page Blog, Shopping
4 responses to “Glasgow Artist Allan Richardson – Local City Scenes”
Best In The West
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Shopping: Currie and Quirk Opticians, Byres Road, G12
- West End Festival 2016: The Moment Keeper, Thistle Gallery, Jackie and Jilly Henderson, 4 – 19 June
- Surf and Turf Exhibition, Thistle Gallery from Saturday April, 23rd 2016.
- Dear Green Place – Exhibition at the Thistle Gallery, Saturday. March 19th– Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
- Bricks 4 Kidz, After school classes St Silas Woodlands
- The Face on the Moon, The Vale, 26 September, 2015.
- Shopping in Glasgow: Vintage Guru Byres Road
- Blair and Sheridan, Gin and Sapphires Event, Saturday 22 August, 2015
- Easter Workshops for Children at Bricks 4 Kidz
- Video History Scotland: DVD Memories of Dumbarton 1940 – 1975
- Bricks 4 Kidz– Children’s Workshops February Half-term 2015
- The Observatory, Nancy Smillie Studio
- Memories of Millport Isle of Cumbrae in the 1920s and 1930s, Video History Scotland
- Clyde Steamer Memories Part 1 DVD Video History Scotland