Selkie’s Song by Finola Scott
A poem about love. ‘Selkie’s Song’ published in NVP Anthology ‘The Second Tide’
From the depth of the blue night
Slip sliding back
beneath the white crests
of sheets, shivering,
I feel you barely waking, reach out
and pull me in close.
Snuggled up I’m anchored.
Your sea-serpent arms hold me firm,
your rock solid body sleeps on
my bed a harbour.
Tangled in your salty limbs
I ride out every storm
in this safe haven.
by Finola Scott
The Second Tide
The 2010 anthology of poetry and prose from New Voices Press
Members of the Federation of Writers (Scotland) featured in this rich new anthology include Scots, writers of other nationalities living in Scotland and writers of Scottish connection overseas, all bringing their own unique views and experiences to illuminate their work.
Price: £7.99 + £1.50 post & packaging
Available from: NVPCommerce@aol.com
(Selkie by Carolyn Emerick, 2013.)
Love Poems & Stories
- Old Coppers – short story by Lynne Maclagan
- Ruby McCann – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Tom Leonard
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Janet Paisley: Scottish Author, Poet and Playwright
- Glasgow Writer: Samina Chaudry
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Willy Maley
- Glasgow Writers: Alistair Braidwood – Scots Whay Hae!
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow Writers: Pauline Lynch
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Glasgow Writer: Stuart Cosgrove
- Nursat Fatah Ali Praises Muhammad pbuh – Rizwan Akhtar
- Ghazal: Soul’s Food – Rizwan Akhtar
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism: Work and My Fantasy World
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism. Autism and Work (2)
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne