Best Laid Schemes – Dexter Gordon Place
Two Novellas – Crimes for our Times
Donning another hat, Ian R Mitchell who has written several books on mountaineering and on Glasgow history, turned during the years of Covid to writing a couple of crime stories which he has published pseudonymously – with the new name to go with the new hat.
Tales for times without heroes…..
THE BOYS AT THE LOCH
A body is found by the loch, grass in its mouth. It seems a clear case of an informant killing in the local drug wars. But the police and even the drug lords, seem baffled and at a loss for a killer and a motive. The trail leads through the fringes of contemporary post industrial Glasgow, where muckrakers, politicians, informants and police work against- and sometimes with- each other, leading to the shattering conclusion.
ONE CARELESS LADY OWNER
The past is not dead, as a couple visiting a Highland country hotel in winter discover. Events which took place in the area twenty years ago are brought back to life in a tale of greed and self deception, which still awaits its final unravelling. What really happened in that bloody incident at the bothy on the seashore long ago?
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Express Your-elf Christmas Party
- Now’s The Day Now’s The Hour – Poems for John Maclean
- Naomi Mitchison Lecture with Hannah Lavery
- From Page to Print: Shake the Kaleidoscope
- Steadfast Trickster Book Launch
- Double Vision: Double Voice Jim Ferguson
- Kavya Prize New Writers Award Ceremony
- Celebrating Leela Soma and Murder at the Mela
- Story Cafe Milton Library, Book Week Scotland 2023
- Beyond The Battlefield Book Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2023 – Zoe Strachan
- Charlie Gracie, Belfast to Baillieston
- Strathclyde Creative Writing and The Glasgow Review of Books
- Scottish Pen Readings
- Fiona Gillan Kerr – book launch
- Dave Manderson – Jim and Pat’s West End Chat Podcast
- Creative Conversations: Andrew McMillan
- Rebecca Smith Discusses Rural: The Lives of the Working Class Countryside
- Medical Aid Palestine Fundraiser – Stereo, Glasgow