Scottish Writers’ Centre The Power of Words: Celebrating Black History Month CCA Tue 13 October 2015
Scottish Writers’ Centre
The Power of Words: Celebrating Black History Month
Tue 13 October 2015
Free event – unticketed.
The Scottish Writers’ Centre are celebrating Black History Month by conducting a read-a-loud of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous, ‘I Have a Dream speech.’ This is an open mic event to celebrate Black History month.
The SWC invite writers, poets, and performers to submit their work for reading. We’re asking for speeches, poems, stories, or just about anything that inspires change for the better in this world. Submissions will be accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put The Power of Words in your subject line. An SWC member of staff will contact you to set up your time slot.
If you haven’t written anything but have found a writer, a story, poem or just about anything that has inspired change in you, bring it along and read it out loud to celebrate Black History Month with us.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's on Glasgow: Students
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis Book Launch
- Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
- The Big Meeting GFT
- The Muse at Avant Garde September 9th, 2019
- Place and Peace: three Scottish PEN writers at Scottish Writers Centre
- Postbox Launch of Issue 2
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Streets of Glasgow with Peter Mortimer Glasgow Literary Lounge