Scottish Writers’ Centre The Power of Words: Celebrating Black History Month CCA Tue 13 October 2015
Scottish Writers’ Centre
The Power of Words: Celebrating Black History Month
Tue 13 October 2015
Free event – unticketed.
The Scottish Writers’ Centre are celebrating Black History Month by conducting a read-a-loud of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous, ‘I Have a Dream speech.’ This is an open mic event to celebrate Black History month.
The SWC invite writers, poets, and performers to submit their work for reading. We’re asking for speeches, poems, stories, or just about anything that inspires change for the better in this world. Submissions will be accepted at: email@example.com. Please put The Power of Words in your subject line. An SWC member of staff will contact you to set up your time slot.
If you haven’t written anything but have found a writer, a story, poem or just about anything that has inspired change in you, bring it along and read it out loud to celebrate Black History Month with us.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's on Glasgow: Students
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire