Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH, 13 September, 2014
Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH
Saturday 13 September at 12 p.m.
Glasgow Green Football Centre, Kings Drive, G40 1HB
Scotland vs England. Many great players have graced the auld enemy clash on both sides. Moore. Baxter. Shearer. Johnstone. Gascoigne. Uh, Kenny Miller.
And now more greats compete – Johnstone. Oltermann. Williamson. Gavron. Dougan. Dunthorne. Wilson. Wallis Simons. More likely to be linked with signing for Penguin than Real Madrid, these galacticos will be taking to the field in a mixed gender, low ability football match at Glasgow Green this Saturday.
We compete for the glory of The Hamilton Crescent Cup. The trophy given to a team of winning authors who triumph in the traditional Scotland vs England Writers’ football match. A prize so desired in the football world that as we speak, Ronaldo is writing haiku, Messi is now a children’s author and Joey Barton is penning a 52 volume memoir, just to get into the sides.
Previously, Scotland won the first cup with a 4-2 win in Glasgow, before the English grabbed their first taste of the silverware with a 5-0 win in London.
Entry is free, expectations are low, support is needed. We’ll be on the grass pitch at the centre for all the blood and thunder of this derby.
Later, there’s a reading event, listed in a separate FB event at The Poetry Club at SWG3.
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove