Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH, 13 September, 2014
Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH
Saturday 13 September at 12 p.m.
Glasgow Green Football Centre, Kings Drive, G40 1HB
Scotland vs England. Many great players have graced the auld enemy clash on both sides. Moore. Baxter. Shearer. Johnstone. Gascoigne. Uh, Kenny Miller.
And now more greats compete – Johnstone. Oltermann. Williamson. Gavron. Dougan. Dunthorne. Wilson. Wallis Simons. More likely to be linked with signing for Penguin than Real Madrid, these galacticos will be taking to the field in a mixed gender, low ability football match at Glasgow Green this Saturday.
We compete for the glory of The Hamilton Crescent Cup. The trophy given to a team of winning authors who triumph in the traditional Scotland vs England Writers’ football match. A prize so desired in the football world that as we speak, Ronaldo is writing haiku, Messi is now a children’s author and Joey Barton is penning a 52 volume memoir, just to get into the sides.
Previously, Scotland won the first cup with a 4-2 win in Glasgow, before the English grabbed their first taste of the silverware with a 5-0 win in London.
Entry is free, expectations are low, support is needed. We’ll be on the grass pitch at the centre for all the blood and thunder of this derby.
Later, there’s a reading event, listed in a separate FB event at The Poetry Club at SWG3.
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- Seahorse Saturday
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Rose Ruane, Creative Conversations
- A.E. Stallings at Creative Conversations
- CRER Lunchtime Talks – Black History Month
- Creative Conversations:Roseanne Watt
- Hey – That’s Mine – Museums and Black History Month Glasgow
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville