Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH, 13 September, 2014
Scotland Writers FC vs England Writers FC – THE MATCH
Saturday 13 September at 12 p.m.
Glasgow Green Football Centre, Kings Drive, G40 1HB
Scotland vs England. Many great players have graced the auld enemy clash on both sides. Moore. Baxter. Shearer. Johnstone. Gascoigne. Uh, Kenny Miller.
And now more greats compete – Johnstone. Oltermann. Williamson. Gavron. Dougan. Dunthorne. Wilson. Wallis Simons. More likely to be linked with signing for Penguin than Real Madrid, these galacticos will be taking to the field in a mixed gender, low ability football match at Glasgow Green this Saturday.
We compete for the glory of The Hamilton Crescent Cup. The trophy given to a team of winning authors who triumph in the traditional Scotland vs England Writers’ football match. A prize so desired in the football world that as we speak, Ronaldo is writing haiku, Messi is now a children’s author and Joey Barton is penning a 52 volume memoir, just to get into the sides.
Previously, Scotland won the first cup with a 4-2 win in Glasgow, before the English grabbed their first taste of the silverware with a 5-0 win in London.
Entry is free, expectations are low, support is needed. We’ll be on the grass pitch at the centre for all the blood and thunder of this derby.
Later, there’s a reading event, listed in a separate FB event at The Poetry Club at SWG3.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’