Scar Tissue by Peter Russell: Love is in the air, Poetry and Stories of Love by Glasgow Writers.
The heart’s first infection is the deepest
And its memory when young is blindest
When kisses course our bloodstream the sweetest
And lovers are the wildest, and the kindest.
Youth gives strength, not active immunity,
We’ve had no contact as first love’s vaccine;
Young hearts sweat fevers with impunity,
And when broken, must endure cold quarantine.
But though the heart like frozen flesh shatters
It regroups, rebuilds, heals its deep fissures
To new shapes, gives to love new forms and matter
Some tender pink, and others scar tissues.
The young heart is glass that breaks in the hour:
The old possesses a battered, hurt power.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.