Scar Tissue by Peter Russell: Love is in the air, Poetry and Stories of Love by Glasgow Writers.
The heart’s first infection is the deepest
And its memory when young is blindest
When kisses course our bloodstream the sweetest
And lovers are the wildest, and the kindest.
Youth gives strength, not active immunity,
We’ve had no contact as first love’s vaccine;
Young hearts sweat fevers with impunity,
And when broken, must endure cold quarantine.
But though the heart like frozen flesh shatters
It regroups, rebuilds, heals its deep fissures
To new shapes, gives to love new forms and matter
Some tender pink, and others scar tissues.
The young heart is glass that breaks in the hour:
The old possesses a battered, hurt power.
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Books at the Botanics
- Aye Write 2020: Humans of Scotland