Scar Tissue by Peter Russell: Love is in the air, Poetry and Stories of Love by Glasgow Writers.
The heart’s first infection is the deepest
And its memory when young is blindest
When kisses course our bloodstream the sweetest
And lovers are the wildest, and the kindest.
Youth gives strength, not active immunity,
We’ve had no contact as first love’s vaccine;
Young hearts sweat fevers with impunity,
And when broken, must endure cold quarantine.
But though the heart like frozen flesh shatters
It regroups, rebuilds, heals its deep fissures
To new shapes, gives to love new forms and matter
Some tender pink, and others scar tissues.
The young heart is glass that breaks in the hour:
The old possesses a battered, hurt power.
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11