Scar Tissue by Peter Russell: Love is in the air, Poetry and Stories of Love by Glasgow Writers.
The heart’s first infection is the deepest
And its memory when young is blindest
When kisses course our bloodstream the sweetest
And lovers are the wildest, and the kindest.
Youth gives strength, not active immunity,
We’ve had no contact as first love’s vaccine;
Young hearts sweat fevers with impunity,
And when broken, must endure cold quarantine.
But though the heart like frozen flesh shatters
It regroups, rebuilds, heals its deep fissures
To new shapes, gives to love new forms and matter
Some tender pink, and others scar tissues.
The young heart is glass that breaks in the hour:
The old possesses a battered, hurt power.
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis