Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast, June 27 – August 23, 2014
Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast
June 27 – August 23
Project Ability, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast, the second of our two part contribution for GENERATION. Working directly onto the fabric of the gallery, Cameron Morgan created a mural of Scotland’s landscape, architecture, wildlife and social history. Open to the public throughout the Open Studio phase, gallery visitors were able to engage with the artist as he executed his wall painting and witnessed a story unfolding through a surrounding landscape with the vigour in which Morgan paints.
Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast is part of GENERATION a major, nationwide exhibition programme showcasing some of the best and most significant artists to have emerged from Scotland over the last 25 years. GENERATION traces the developments in art in Scotland since 1989. It shows the generation of ideas, of experiences, and of worldclass art on an unparalleled scale by over 100 artists in more than 60 venues. The artists within GENERATION came to attention whilst working in Scotland, helping to create the vibrant and internationally recognised contemporary art scene that exists here today. The art that has emerged from Scotland during this period is characterised by its diversity, rather than by one particular style or dominant trend. GENERATION offers an opportunity to see art that is innovative, thought- provoking, imaginative, at times beautiful, at others challenging, but always inspiring.
GENERATION is delivered as a partnership between the National Galleries of Scotland, Glasgow Life and Creative Scotland and is part of Culture 2014, the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme.
Full listings and details of the artists involved can be found at http://www.generationartscotland.org/
Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 5pm
During the Commonwealth Games, the gallery will be open on Sunday 27th & Monday 28th July and Sunday 3rd & Monday 4th August.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery