Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast, June 27 – August 23, 2014
Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast
June 27 – August 23
Project Ability, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Project Ability presents Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast, the second of our two part contribution for GENERATION. Working directly onto the fabric of the gallery, Cameron Morgan created a mural of Scotland’s landscape, architecture, wildlife and social history. Open to the public throughout the Open Studio phase, gallery visitors were able to engage with the artist as he executed his wall painting and witnessed a story unfolding through a surrounding landscape with the vigour in which Morgan paints.
Cameron’s Way: Coast to Coast is part of GENERATION a major, nationwide exhibition programme showcasing some of the best and most significant artists to have emerged from Scotland over the last 25 years. GENERATION traces the developments in art in Scotland since 1989. It shows the generation of ideas, of experiences, and of worldclass art on an unparalleled scale by over 100 artists in more than 60 venues. The artists within GENERATION came to attention whilst working in Scotland, helping to create the vibrant and internationally recognised contemporary art scene that exists here today. The art that has emerged from Scotland during this period is characterised by its diversity, rather than by one particular style or dominant trend. GENERATION offers an opportunity to see art that is innovative, thought- provoking, imaginative, at times beautiful, at others challenging, but always inspiring.
GENERATION is delivered as a partnership between the National Galleries of Scotland, Glasgow Life and Creative Scotland and is part of Culture 2014, the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme.
Full listings and details of the artists involved can be found at http://www.generationartscotland.org/
Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 5pm
During the Commonwealth Games, the gallery will be open on Sunday 27th & Monday 28th July and Sunday 3rd & Monday 4th August.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow