The Groove Directive – Band Launch Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick,
The Groove Directive – Band Launch
Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm
The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick, Dumbarton Road, G60 (under Erskine Bridge)
This will be the band’s launch gig and we are inviting all friends, family, music lovers and press and a special extended invite to the locals of Old Kilpatrick and surrounding area, where the launch is being held.
Old Kilpatrick is our lead singer’s home and the Lusset has a special place in her heart, having played there previously with other music projects.
So, a Thursday night, late June, the weekend will be starting very early with funk and soul music from this superb 8 piece professional band.
Think the Commitments mixed with a little bit of James Brown and Chaka Khan and you get the general drift.
The band will be having the gig recorded to video and also audio, so a chance to be part of the band’s inauguration.
The Lusset itself is an upmarket bar and restaurant, so you could even come for a bite to eat before the band starts. They also have got promos on drinks and the atmosphere is fab.
We want a great turnout for our launch. We Want You There!!!
Please Support Live Music – Thursday night? No brainer.
Marj Massie – Lead Vocals
Zoe Richards – Harmony Vocals
Trumpet – Daniel dr Gruchy Lambert
Tenor Saxophone – Dionne Towers
Guitar – Pete Wilson
Bass Guitar – Gareth Dunn
Keys & BVs – Al McIsaac
Drums – Andy Gillespie (dep John Greensmith)
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina