Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook CCA 8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook
8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
In this masterclass, lens-based artist Alastair Cook explores the intersection of poetry and film: the film-poem.
An established and award winning artist, Cook works with lens-based media focusing on large format film and antique photographic practice; he also works as a filmmaker using 8mm and 16mm film, combining these with digital technology to great effect. His work is mercurial, rooted in place and the intrinsic connections between people, land and sea. Cook is currently artist in residence for Absent Voices.
Ticket prices: £6, Concession £3
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival
- Denise Mina, Govanhill Book Festival 2020