Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook CCA 8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook
8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
In this masterclass, lens-based artist Alastair Cook explores the intersection of poetry and film: the film-poem.
An established and award winning artist, Cook works with lens-based media focusing on large format film and antique photographic practice; he also works as a filmmaker using 8mm and 16mm film, combining these with digital technology to great effect. His work is mercurial, rooted in place and the intrinsic connections between people, land and sea. Cook is currently artist in residence for Absent Voices.
Ticket prices: £6, Concession £3
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations