Plum Stone Throat a poem by Jenne Gray
(For Helen X, c 1910-1967, who died of throat cancer)
In Chinese medicine plum stone throat describes the feeling of a plum stone stuck at the top of the back of the throat. It is associated with stagnation of liver energy (liver chi). The liver is said to control the flow of emotions.
Plum stone throat –
caught by anger
in the throat.
that gag communication’s flow.
A silent scream,
the only voice
of a life frustrated.
Jen Gray, September, 2018
This section: Poems and Stories for Autumn, stories and poems
- Nursat Fatah Ali Praises Muhammad pbuh – Rizwan Akhtar
- Ghazal: Soul’s Food – Rizwan Akhtar
- Poetry by Hafsah Bashir
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Tak Tent (Take Care) Christmas video – Janet Crawford
- Ice on Loch Lomond a poem by Catriona Malan
- Reunion – a poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- Wash a poem by Nina Quigley
- Poetry: Love’s Noise by Rizwan Akhtar
- Ghazal: the phone – poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Baked With Love – a poem by Leela Soma
- Some Wintertime Poems by Finola Scott
- Three New Poems by Rizwan Akhtar
- Town Hall Meeting U.S.A. Leela Soma
- Two poems by Finola Scott: ‘Garlic’ and ‘Rhubarb’
- Flowers – poems by Leela Soma
- I Deserve This – a poem for Christmas by Calum Maclean
- Bluid Muin – Lunar Eclipse by Finola Scott
- Goldie by Pat Byrne