Plum Stone Throat a poem by Jenne Gray
(For Helen X, c 1910-1967, who died of throat cancer)
In Chinese medicine plum stone throat describes the feeling of a plum stone stuck at the top of the back of the throat. It is associated with stagnation of liver energy (liver chi). The liver is said to control the flow of emotions.
Plum stone throat –
caught by anger
in the throat.
that gag communication’s flow.
A silent scream,
the only voice
of a life frustrated.
Jen Gray, September, 2018
This section: Poems and Stories for Autumn, stories and poems
- Three New Poems by Rizwan Akhtar
- Town Hall Meeting U.S.A. Leela Soma
- Two poems by Finola Scott: ‘Garlic’ and ‘Rhubarb’
- Flowers – poems by Leela Soma
- I Deserve This – a poem for Christmas by Calum Maclean
- Bluid Muin – Lunar Eclipse by Finola Scott
- Some Wintertime Poems by Finola Scott
- Goldie by Pat Byrne
- Reading Palms by Stephen Watt
- Poetry: Lahore, I am coming by Rizwan Akhtar
- Autumn Makes Me Sad by Muriel Baker
- Three Haibun by Robin Lloyd-Jones
- The Indian Shawl a poem by Muriel Baker
- Plum Stone Throat a poem by Jenne Gray
- Autumn Visit to USA by Leela Soma
- Lochwinnoch – a poem by Lindsey Stewart
- Living in Shoes – poem by Gail Winters
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- Corn Dollies by Mary Irvine
- Chinese Autumn by Mary Irvine