Poetry for Valentine’s Day by Donna Campbell
Wish you were Here
(Paris was built for Lovers)
Today I wondered down the banks
of the Seine,
chaining love locks
inscribed with their name and
the date of when they first met
before throwing the key
into the water so no other could
unlock the bond between them.
The Pont de Arts bridge
was near keeling ower
with the weight of all that love.
I wish you were here.
Poem from Wanderlust Women
Last night I sucked the breath
from your mouth,
rolled the taste of you around
you didn’t know of my secret ways,
my stealing of kisses
from just parted lips,
swollen as if to entice my touch
the running of fingers
I watched shy smiles
explore your face
till a watery light
bled its way through a part in curtains.
Until I fell asleep myself
and dreamt you kissing me
as I slept,
my lips blood gorged,
Poem from Mongrel
In my dreams I am a red streak of cat, stretched across
a shaft of sunlight,
pushing its way through a part in curtains
not opened yet to an outside world.
And you are stroking me along my stretch, as though
I have the softest fur you have ever touched,
or will ever touch again.
sleeping on the wet patch
when it’s not your turn
and actually enjoying doing so.
Poems from Mongrel
“Donna Campbell’s first collection may be called ‘Mongrel’ but it is purebred poetry. Her use of words, especially in the Glaswegian vernacular, combine with images to form brutally beautiful poems about aspects of life that less fearless poets might shun. ” (Lesley Benzie, poet)
- A Road Runs Through It by Frankie Gault
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Poetry by Maryam Raza
- A Scottish Soldier Foresees His Death by Frankie Gault
- A Valentine’s Day Poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- Home Grown In Glasgow – a poem for International Women’s Day by Ruby McCann
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- On the West Highland Line – Linda Jackson
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: What Exactly Is Love?
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Poetry for Valentine’s Day by Donna Campbell
- Eusebi Italian Deli and Restaurant, Park Road, Kelvinbridge, G4
- 10 Things I Hate About You at GFT
- Casablanca at GFT
- Punch Drunk Love at GFT
- Licorice Pizza at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Flee Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Poetry for Valentine’s Day by Finola Scott
- Flash Fiction for Valentine’s Day – Leela Soma