My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
I’m going along to Paul Rutherford tomorrow for my third session at his private gym. It’s been very enjoyable and an eye opener. There’s no doubt about his expertise. Although I’ve been to various gyms over the years, and in total probably been put through five or six inductions – already I am learning a lot that is new.
For starters I’m working on:
- Staying relaxed as I carry out each exercise.
- Breathing steadily and naturally through my mouth. (Previously I puffed in through my nose and out through my mouth in time to each move. )
- No jerking – every exercise to be slow, smooth and controlled.
Paul also advises on health and nutrition. My first goal is to drink two litres of water a day. – It’s a lot but it’s all about changing habits. 🙂
Pat Byrne, 9 August, 2016
You can read masses of testimonials on Paul’s website including from Melanie:
“At the outset I was looking for weight loss and toned abs.
What I got was an overall toned physique, clearer skin, more energy and a positive attitude to health and wellbeing that will last a lifetime. It took me a while to stop focusing on wanting to be thin and start being healthy. Now I can only imagine how much better I will look and feel with each month that goes by. I can’t wait to get to the gym and see what Paul has added to my uniquely tailored plan.”
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- Looking After Mental Wellbeing
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good