My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
I’m going along to Paul Rutherford tomorrow for my third session at his private gym. It’s been very enjoyable and an eye opener. There’s no doubt about his expertise. Although I’ve been to various gyms over the years, and in total probably been put through five or six inductions – already I am learning a lot that is new.
For starters I’m working on:
- Staying relaxed as I carry out each exercise.
- Breathing steadily and naturally through my mouth. (Previously I puffed in through my nose and out through my mouth in time to each move. )
- No jerking – every exercise to be slow, smooth and controlled.
Paul also advises on health and nutrition. My first goal is to drink two litres of water a day. – It’s a lot but it’s all about changing habits. 🙂
Pat Byrne, 9 August, 2016
You can read masses of testimonials on Paul’s website including from Melanie:
“At the outset I was looking for weight loss and toned abs.
What I got was an overall toned physique, clearer skin, more energy and a positive attitude to health and wellbeing that will last a lifetime. It took me a while to stop focusing on wanting to be thin and start being healthy. Now I can only imagine how much better I will look and feel with each month that goes by. I can’t wait to get to the gym and see what Paul has added to my uniquely tailored plan.”
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Classes (Spring 2021) with Linda Jackson