My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
I’m going along to Paul Rutherford tomorrow for my third session at his private gym. It’s been very enjoyable and an eye opener. There’s no doubt about his expertise. Although I’ve been to various gyms over the years, and in total probably been put through five or six inductions – already I am learning a lot that is new.
For starters I’m working on:
- Staying relaxed as I carry out each exercise.
- Breathing steadily and naturally through my mouth. (Previously I puffed in through my nose and out through my mouth in time to each move. )
- No jerking – every exercise to be slow, smooth and controlled.
Paul also advises on health and nutrition. My first goal is to drink two litres of water a day. – It’s a lot but it’s all about changing habits. 🙂
Pat Byrne, 9 August, 2016
You can read masses of testimonials on Paul’s website including from Melanie:
“At the outset I was looking for weight loss and toned abs.
What I got was an overall toned physique, clearer skin, more energy and a positive attitude to health and wellbeing that will last a lifetime. It took me a while to stop focusing on wanting to be thin and start being healthy. Now I can only imagine how much better I will look and feel with each month that goes by. I can’t wait to get to the gym and see what Paul has added to my uniquely tailored plan.”
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Earth Day 2022 at Music Broth
- Kelvin Hall Relaunch
- Street Cones – Recovering Voices Online Course
- Festival of Fitness in support of Ukraine
- Beginners Stained Glass Evening Course Glasgow
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- Artivismo Pintando Murales Derribamos Muros – Digital Exhibition Launch
- Lego Build The Change – University of Strathclyde
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride