Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 – 7 p.m.
The Balloch House Hotel, Balloch Road, Balloch G83 8LQ (five minutes from train station)
The headliner for August is Paul Murdoch who may finally be revealing what he wants to be when he grows up.
Paul Murdoch, born the son of a slater in 1961, began performing on stage at the age of eight and since his teens has played live music all over the world. His first book was published in 2008 and he has gone on to produce a further six novels and five picture books. The first three novels in his first series – The Peck Chronicles are Talisman, Citadel and Tyrant, all published by Strident. Paul went on to write the children’s eco-thriller – Windscape, which was nominated for the Grampian Children’s Book Award. The follow up – The Egg Thief was released in 2017. Paul released his latest novel – Sunny during the Aye Write Festival in 2018. This book has been compared to ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ and ‘Divided City’. Paul also penned the Tiffy Toffy picture-books, which have been used by UNICEF and other charities all over the world to teach English and to help younger children with counting. Paul has over twelve years experience of author visits; not just in the UK, but all over the world – with hundreds of schools, libraries, specialist groups and festivals attended, he has seen more than 30,000 children in that time. www.paulmurdoch.co.uk
Interested in a spot on the open mic. Please get in touch.
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Emmett Till – How Far Have We Come…
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Mary Irvine: What Did You Do In Lockdown 2020?
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope