Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
Monday 3 December, 2018 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Ann Cleeves is the author of over thirty critically acclaimed novels, and in 2017 was awarded the highest accolade in crime writing, the CWA Diamond Dagger. She is the creator of popular detectives Vera Stanhope and Jimmy Perez who can now be found on television in ITV’s Vera and BBC One’s Shetland. The TV series and the books they are based on have become international sensations, capturing the minds of millions worldwide. Ann worked as a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing. She is a member of Murder Squad, working with other British northern writers to promote crime fiction. Ann is also a passionate champion for libraries and was a National Libraries Day Ambassador in 2016. Ann lives in North Tyneside near where the Vera books are set.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist Ann Cleeves comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson