Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
Monday 3 December, 2018 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Ann Cleeves is the author of over thirty critically acclaimed novels, and in 2017 was awarded the highest accolade in crime writing, the CWA Diamond Dagger. She is the creator of popular detectives Vera Stanhope and Jimmy Perez who can now be found on television in ITV’s Vera and BBC One’s Shetland. The TV series and the books they are based on have become international sensations, capturing the minds of millions worldwide. Ann worked as a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing. She is a member of Murder Squad, working with other British northern writers to promote crime fiction. Ann is also a passionate champion for libraries and was a National Libraries Day Ambassador in 2016. Ann lives in North Tyneside near where the Vera books are set.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist Ann Cleeves comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage