Norman Kirkham, In Conversation RGI, Kelly Gallery, Glasgow
Tuesday 20th May – Artist Talk to coincide with Solo Exhibition
“I wakened up one morning in 1975, realising that life was passing me by, and that if I
was going to achieve anything, I had to give up the day job and make a commitment to painting.
I love painting. The smell of linseed oil and turpentine. The tactile quality of paint.”
Norman Kirkham graduated from Glasgow School of Art in 1958. He has exhibited both nationally
and internationally and his work is in a wealth of collections that include HRH The Duke of Edinburgh’s
and Glasgow’s Peoples Palace. Elected an artist member of the RGI in 1987, he is a past Artist Convenor – known then as Honorary Secretary – responsible for the RGI’s Annual Exhibitions.
Norman is also a past President of the Glasgow Art Club.
Join us, in conversation, on 20th May
with coffee and homebaking at 10.30am, talk starting at 11am.
£5 for members / £6 for non members/ £10 for two people.
Please contact the Kelly Gallery to book your place.
Exhibition continues until 31 May.
118 DOUGLAS STREET
GLASGOW G2 4ET
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change