Music and Poetry at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant Tues 7th October, 2014
Nights at Project Cafe
Music and poetry event at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant
Tues 7th October, 2014
Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard Wehnerberg Jr (USA)
Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
I’m putting on an eve’ of music + poetry + feels at The Project Cafe featuring lots of lovely folk!
Doors at 7pm / Acts start early = 7.20-30!
Entry £3 donation (but if u cant pay u wont be turned away)
BYOB for big kids with £2 corkage to support the lush Project Cafe (you gotta be 18+ tho and underage drinking will get you punted out – sorry not sorry!!)
Sam Small Poetry
A blistering force of fast-paced, heartfelt and funny wordsmithery that’ll have you grinning, clenching yr firsts and believing in hope again.
Her poetry is whip-smart, loud, unafraid and feminist with moments of softness and intimacy like no other. Also she won an award recently but I can’t remember what it was lol!
Nyla’s a pretty unique singer songwriter – managing to produce pop-hook after hook with ukulele sweetness while her lyrics veer between laugh-out-loud funny and painfully honest and selfaware. Total Lad.
Ginger Alford (of High Dive (from Bloomington, USA)
Ginger plays in loads of cool bands from Bloomington like High Dive, Travelling and Good Luck and has written some really lovely new songs which she’s performing on this Europe Tour
Richard Wehrenberg Jr. (from Bloomington, USA)
Richard’s writes 100% lovely poetry about his life and experiences that is funny, sweet and sometimes sad.
As well as writing poetry and prose Richard helps run Monster House Press.
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations