Music and Poetry at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant Tues 7th October, 2014
Nights at Project Cafe
Music and poetry event at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant
Tues 7th October, 2014
Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard Wehnerberg Jr (USA)
Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
I’m putting on an eve’ of music + poetry + feels at The Project Cafe featuring lots of lovely folk!
Doors at 7pm / Acts start early = 7.20-30!
Entry £3 donation (but if u cant pay u wont be turned away)
BYOB for big kids with £2 corkage to support the lush Project Cafe (you gotta be 18+ tho and underage drinking will get you punted out – sorry not sorry!!)
Sam Small Poetry
A blistering force of fast-paced, heartfelt and funny wordsmithery that’ll have you grinning, clenching yr firsts and believing in hope again.
Her poetry is whip-smart, loud, unafraid and feminist with moments of softness and intimacy like no other. Also she won an award recently but I can’t remember what it was lol!
Nyla’s a pretty unique singer songwriter – managing to produce pop-hook after hook with ukulele sweetness while her lyrics veer between laugh-out-loud funny and painfully honest and selfaware. Total Lad.
Ginger Alford (of High Dive (from Bloomington, USA)
Ginger plays in loads of cool bands from Bloomington like High Dive, Travelling and Good Luck and has written some really lovely new songs which she’s performing on this Europe Tour
Richard Wehrenberg Jr. (from Bloomington, USA)
Richard’s writes 100% lovely poetry about his life and experiences that is funny, sweet and sometimes sad.
As well as writing poetry and prose Richard helps run Monster House Press.
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South