Music and Poetry at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant Tues 7th October, 2014
Nights at Project Cafe
Music and poetry event at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant
Tues 7th October, 2014
Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard Wehnerberg Jr (USA)
Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
I’m putting on an eve’ of music + poetry + feels at The Project Cafe featuring lots of lovely folk!
Doors at 7pm / Acts start early = 7.20-30!
Entry £3 donation (but if u cant pay u wont be turned away)
BYOB for big kids with £2 corkage to support the lush Project Cafe (you gotta be 18+ tho and underage drinking will get you punted out – sorry not sorry!!)
Sam Small Poetry
A blistering force of fast-paced, heartfelt and funny wordsmithery that’ll have you grinning, clenching yr firsts and believing in hope again.
Her poetry is whip-smart, loud, unafraid and feminist with moments of softness and intimacy like no other. Also she won an award recently but I can’t remember what it was lol!
Nyla’s a pretty unique singer songwriter – managing to produce pop-hook after hook with ukulele sweetness while her lyrics veer between laugh-out-loud funny and painfully honest and selfaware. Total Lad.
Ginger Alford (of High Dive (from Bloomington, USA)
Ginger plays in loads of cool bands from Bloomington like High Dive, Travelling and Good Luck and has written some really lovely new songs which she’s performing on this Europe Tour
Richard Wehrenberg Jr. (from Bloomington, USA)
Richard’s writes 100% lovely poetry about his life and experiences that is funny, sweet and sometimes sad.
As well as writing poetry and prose Richard helps run Monster House Press.
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club