More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
Mondays at The Flying Duck
Inaugural event: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
The Flying Duck, 142 Renfield Street, G2 3AU
February – a dreich month with not a lot happening. Cue a bright new poetry night at the glowingly cosy basement of The Flying Duck. More Than Words is a fresh meeting place for both established wordsmiths and those wanting to try out their voices for the first time. Experienced host Imogen Stirling teams up with this welcoming space to make sure everyone feels at home.
Information for Performers
The night is open to all performers with eight slots of ten minutes available.
The inaugural event kicks off on February 17th and is free entry for all. Whether you’re a performer or punter.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.