More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
Mondays at The Flying Duck
Inaugural event: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
The Flying Duck, 142 Renfield Street, G2 3AU
February – a dreich month with not a lot happening. Cue a bright new poetry night at the glowingly cosy basement of The Flying Duck. More Than Words is a fresh meeting place for both established wordsmiths and those wanting to try out their voices for the first time. Experienced host Imogen Stirling teams up with this welcoming space to make sure everyone feels at home.
Information for Performers
The night is open to all performers with eight slots of ten minutes available.
The inaugural event kicks off on February 17th and is free entry for all. Whether you’re a performer or punter.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival
- Denise Mina, Govanhill Book Festival 2020