Living Rent Writers’ Circle
Thursdays 6th, 13, 20 and 27 February, 2020 – 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
John Smith House, 145-165 West Regent Street, G2 4RE
‘Living Rent’s writing circle is a space to collectively develop radical creative writing, grounded in the everyday experience of struggle and solidarity as we try to understand and change the world around us.
Each workshop will involve a chance to read, discuss and share work with other members in a supportive environment, as well as involving writing exercises based around a common theme. We aim to produce our own pamphlets and publications as a collective, and support participants in developing work for publication elsewhere, or for their own use in whatever form.
Themes or writing are not limited to anything in particular, but we aim to create a culture in the union where we explode the contradictions of unequal property relations through every means at our disposal – in action, theory, and writing; in the streets and on the page.
The writing circles will run weekly, and we can determine as a group how we see things developing.
Non-Living Rent members are welcome to come along – but join your union when you can! http://livingrent.org/join
Every Thursday, 6 – 8pm, Unite the Union, 165 West Regent Street, Glasgow.’
This section: Classes and Workshops, Joiners Corner
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- Artivismo Pintando Murales Derribamos Muros – Digital Exhibition Launch
- Lego Build The Change – University of Strathclyde
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Classes (Spring 2021) with Linda Jackson
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits