Mirrorball Showcase, CCA 4 December, 2014
St Mungo’s Mirrorball
Mirrorball Showcase 7
Thu 4 December 2014
An excellent evening of poetry in store with three wonderful poets. Award winning poet Colette Bryce, originally from Northern Ireland, is joined by poet, writer and land artist Gerry Loose and Marion McCready, recent winner of the Melita Hune Poetry Prize.
Colette Bryce was born in Derry, Northern Ireland. She lived in London for some years before moving to Scotland in 2002, and later to the North of England where she currently works as a freelance writer. Her poetry collections with Picador include The Full Indian Rope Trick (2004), Self-Portrait in the Dark (2008), and The Whole & Rain-domed Universe, short-listed for this year’s Forward Prize. From 2009 to 2013 she was Poetry Editor at Poetry London. She received the Cholmondeley Award in 2010.
Gerry Loose is a poet, writer and land-artist who works primarily with subjects from the natural world, as well as the world of geo-politics. His poems and texts are as often found in built and natural settings as on the page. Among his most recent publications are Printed on Water, New and Selected Poems (Shearsman Books) and that person himself. Forthcoming is fault line (Vagabond Voices, September 2014). His awards include: Creative Scotland Award, Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship, Kooneen Säätiö Award, and Hermann Kesten Award.
Marion McCready lives in Argyll, Scotland. Her poetry pamphlet collection, Vintage Sea, was published by Calder Wood Press (2011). She won a Scottish Book Trust New Writers Award in 2013 and won the Melita Hume Poetry Prize (2013). Her first full-length collection, Tree Language, was published by Eyewear Publishing (2014).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis