Lynn Howarth, Glasgow Artist – art for sale, commissions and exhibitions
Lynn Howarth is a Glasgow Artist, who works mainly in pastels, charcoal and chalk – attracted by the tactility of this type of medium.
‘I love the physicality of connecting with the paper as I blend and push the intensely coloured powdered pigments into the grain of the surface. I find it a deeply satisfying creative experience.’
In April 2016 Lynn won the Pastel Guild of Europe Get Dusty challenge with her landscape with no green called Sunset at Las Descargues – a piece she created when when on holiday in Septembe 2015 in the beautiful Lot region of France.
As well as exhibiting at a variety of art exhibitions, Lynn also takes commissions for her work, working from life or photographs. Information about commissions.
Currently her work is on show at Art for Heart Sake at The Store Interiors, Munro Place, Anniesland.
10 April – 7 May, 2017
Affordable Art –
Limited Edition of 50 Giclee Prints
Lynn offers a range of limited edition prints for sale. Buy online
This will soon include a new painting ‘That West End Vibe’, painted from a photograph by Jim Byrne.
Lynn’s influences come from a broad variety of artists such as Bacon Carravagio, Freud, Klimt, Lautrec , Manet, Mucha and Schiele.’
This section: Art & artists Glasgow West End
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End
One response to “Lynn Howarth, Glasgow Artist – art for sale, commissions and exhibitions”
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Poetry by Hafsah Bashir
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Conal Doherty – Vision and Peace Be Me
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Banner Promenade, The Deep End
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Reopens
- Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
- Ghazal: the phone – poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- In Times of Self-Isolation poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Alasdair Gray – Omnium Gatherum
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- Poetry by Jim Doolan