Surf and Turf, New Exhibition at Thistle Gallery, 29 April until 18 June, 2017
Surf and Turf Show featuring Land, Sea, Flora and Fauna
The Thistle Gallery’s much anticipated Surf and Turf Exhibition includes an exceptional array of over 90 exhibits created by 40 of Scotland’s most popular contemporary artists. This exciting new rotational show runs for seven weeks so do visit the Gallery which is always approachable but never predictable!
Among the featured artists are Linda Park, Ian Rawnsley, Yvonne Healy, Iain Gordon, Hanna Kaciniel, Ian Elliot, Gail Stirling Robertson, Stan Milne, Karen Rae and Samantha McCubbin……to name but a few.
In addition to paintings in a variety of mediums there will also be a superb range of exquisite and eclectic jewellery from Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen McAllister, David Murray, Helen Swan and Clare Spencer, textiles from Iona Crawford, Susan Mylne, and Olive Pearson. You will find artisan glassware by Dorte Pape and Elin Isaksson plus ceramics from Angela Pointon and Alex Johannsen.
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower