Literary Lunchtimes, Bar Gandolfi, November – December, 2014
Sponsored by the School of Humanities University of Strathclyde
All events will be introduced by Chris Agee, the Keith Wright Literary Fellow at University of Strathclyde.
Wednesday 12 November – 1 p.m.
One of Glasgow’s great literary sons will read from his uniquely versatile work
Wednesday 26 November – 1 p.m.
The acclaimed poet, essayist and travel writer will read from her recent work, including on the natural world.
Christine De Luca (The Edinburgh Makar) and Robert Alan Jamieson
Wednesday 10 December – 1 p.m.
Two Distinguished poets from Shetland, now living in Edinburgh, read from their work imbued with the Scots of their native territory.
Free. Come along a bit early and grab a drink and a bite to eat.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11