Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
Monday 9 – 13 March, 2020
Throughout International Women’s Week you will find a book stall on Level 3 of the library with a selection of female literary legends!
Each day one of the writers will be featured on screens around the library, and you’ll be able to pick up their books from the stall. Come along and help celebrate these legends and all women this IWW 💜
The International Women’s Day 2020 campaign theme is #EachforEqual
An equal world is an enabled world.
Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day.
We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements.
Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
Let’s all be #EachforEqual.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, International Womens Day
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- Books at the Botanics