Launch of Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgowm Gutter Mag, 22nd May
Launch of Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgow
22nd May at 6.30 p.m.
We’re holding a launch for Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgow, to which you are all very welcome.
A stunning new translation of a forgotten masterpiece of First World War German literature, never before published in the UK, Arnold Zweig’s Outside Verdun will be launching at the Goethe-Institut Glasgow on Thursday 22nd of May at 6.30pm.
Fiona Rintoul, the translator of Zweig’s novel, and David Midgley, Professor of German Literature and Intellectual History at the University of Cambridge, will both be in attendance.
Fiona Rintoul is a writer and translator based in Glasgow and she is a past winner of the Gillian Purvis new writing award and the Sceptre prize. Her debut novel Leipzig won the Virginia Prize for Fiction 2014 and will be published in October 2014.
David Midgley has written extensively on German literature and thought of the period since 1890 and has contributed especially to the interpretation of the writings of Arnold Zweig. His most recent book is a comprehensive study of the literature of the Weimar Republic entitled Writing Weimar.
Thursday 22nd May at 6.30pm
3 Park Circus
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations